PreenFM > preenfm2 and preenfm3

[Solved] Just started soldering.. am i doing it right?

<< < (2/3) > >>

mbng:
Hey all,
i have another question - as you can se by the attached images i have arrived at the point where the text states:

"Now let’s solder the 4 plastic capacitors. With the resistors around and the operational amplifer, they make a low pass filter (20Khz) whose goal is to antialias the output of the DAC."

In the original image all the four capacitors are white-ish and the upper & lowermost ones have the text "1nJ100", but as you can see mine are red and have the text "WIMA  1000 100-" i think (a little bit blurred).

They were the only ones that made sense to fit in place. Are they alright or should i try to find something else? They were included in the full kit i got from VanDaal.

Thanks in advance. :)
//M

Xavier:

You should ask Van Daal Electronics as i don't know exactly the reference.
But i assume that's good :)

This is the audio filter part, so you cannot break anything if that's wrong.

mbng:
Thank you Xavier for your swift reply and explanation, i feel a lot more confident now.  :)
I have sent a question to Van Daal as well, and will update the thread with their response, to add to the general knowledge base.

served:
Hi.

Replay from Van Daal :)

That Red Wima is 1n. They should be the best you can get at that price.
You should also Pay attention to the Screen Shield.
MIDI cabling/connector is different.
Pin headers, place only what you actually need. There is not enough to solder all the pinheaders, because you dont need them.
Look through the video posted under Van Daal shop DIY kit page.

Good luck!

mbng:
Great, thanks for that info - very helpful!
Not 100% clear on some things you describe but hopefully i will work it out when i get there. It´s always good to have some inside info though, before getting started.

Thanks for the video reminder, i´d totally forgot about that one!  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version