more matrix sources

(1/10) > >>

Toltekradiation:
hi,
as suggested by @maki, i tried to add some sources in the matrix :

rndK (random on new Key) :
 new random value with each new note

notD (note Difference) :
 difference between current note value and previous one.

velD (velocity Difference) :
 difference between current velocity and previous one.

actv (actives voices) :
% of voices played in current timbre

rpt (repeat) :
at each new note, value increased by by 1/16 if note = previous note, else decrease (min 0, max 1).

dvrg (divergence) :
 value increased by by 1/16 if note different from previous note, else decrease.

that's what i could get with very few code modification and cpu impact.

here is the git commit for those interested :
https://github.com/pvig/preenfm2/commit/fa29cf8748360fbe0865c30cb072e355fef81082

and then the built file if you want to check it out. :)

Xavier:
Nice. CPU impact is definitely very LOW ;)

Random value for each new note can be obtained with LFO  : "Rand / 0.00 / 0.00 / 0.00"

For the rest, i would be interested to hear presets that laverage these sources.

Toltekradiation:
hi @Xavier,
about the random value, i often use one or two lfo to get a random value on key press, to add some "analog" feel to a patch, but with this in the matrix sources, it free the lfo for a better use.
Other sources are fun to use on short notes loops, like 8 step : apply on a filter ,modulation or something unusual :) : that's usefull to lively up a sequence.
rpt is interesting, i think, when applied to osc pitch on a piano patch ; it open dangerous landscape : you must avoid too much note repeat, otherwise you will be out of tune..unless that's what you're looking for ;D
i've not found yet an obvious use for actv, i have to play more with it.

maki:
Toltekradiation, it is amazing how easy it is for you to expand this ecosystem. I am so jealous on your knowladge. Anyway, thank you for you efforts. If you want to understand my motivation to suggest this function, actv, I can only say that no FM synthesizer ever had articulation-properties as the real instruments have. Overlapping notes sound different on real instruments, depends how quickly overlapping happens and how many active notes there are. Some ideas can be seen in Tyros superarticulations and some in Advanced conditions in Kontakt addon Mind Controll from Orangetreesamples.

Toltekradiation:
hi @maki,
big thanks to you for suggesting this idea,
the Tyros is amazing !
and yes, the the Mind Control user manual is very useful ,  i will try soon to add the speed and duration source ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version