PreenFM > preenfm2 and preenfm3

preenfm3 : v1.03 (Toltekradiation/pvig : "vosim" algos + CC + fix)

<< < (2/11) > >>

Xavier:
v0.95
https://github.com/Ixox/preenfm3/releases

SD card compatibility improved
    Cards that did not work and now work :
    . Transcend SDHC 4Gb card
    . Sandisk Extreme 32Gb (With SD adaptor)
    . Intenso SDHC class 10 8Gb. But still have a problem to create bank (big save). SD seems to stop responding in the middle of the file creation.

Randomizer does not modify monoPoly neither number of voices anymore

DX7 import does not set number of voice to 1

Arpeggiator can be used and hold while randomizing or browsing DX7 preset

Changing operator is limited to the operators used by the current algo

Mixer/Seq file creation now add numbers to presets

Xavier:
Firmware 0.96

. Fixed active timbre detection to calculate the volume attenuation
. Fixed a voice reallocation bug that could lead to instrument not playing after loading new preset
. SD card access frequency back to 15Mhz

bootloader 1.05

It's now possible to access the SD card from the computer with the USB cable.
Not need anymore to remove the SD card from the preenfm3.
This allows to cut your SD card (search the web for that) and to build a closed enclosure without the SD card going beyound.

Developer detail : the bootloader now also uses DMA access for the SD card.

Xavier:
Firwmare 0.97

New Mixer
Volume is not adjusted anymore with number of timbres or number of voices.
Some features allow you to set correctly the volume
. Compressor per instrument (Off, slow, medium, fast). Ratio always 1/3.
. Clear Clipping warning message at the output level
. Level meters with current compressed ratio (can be disable in the Global Setting Mixer section).

Scala
. Fix : instrument 1 could not enable scala scale
. For scale with less than 12 notes, notes not assigned are now silent (used to repeat the last note of the scale)

Sequencer
. Bug fix when exiting and coming while recording
. Play and record toggle are now 2 different buttons
. UI modificatons

Menu
. Preset>New reinits all params and now play as expected

Bootloader 1.07

. Proper warning message when no firmware in '/'.
  Used to display some weird characters.

. Fix a bug with windows and SDCard > 4Gb that prevented windows to access the SD in "SD card access" mode.

JeffS:

--- Quote ---Scala
. Fix : instrument 1 could not enable scala scale
. For scale with less than 12 notes, notes not assigned are now silent (used to repeat the last note of the scale)

--- End quote ---

I use tunings a lot that have more than 12 notes per octave. For example, 19EDO. The way I learned to play this tuning is that a sounding octave is an octave-and-a-fifth on a keyboard. So for example from C3 to G4 is one acoustic octave. Currently on the Preen FM3 with this tuning [19EDO, just for an example] you can play from C3 to F#4, almost an octave, but then the octave does not occur until C5, then everything repeats again over two keyboard octaves. In addition to the problem of this gap, another even worse problem is that every key you play in has the big gap in a different spot, so there is no consistency to interval sizes.

The general standard used in all synthesizers I know of going back to Yamaha, Ensoniq, Kurzweil, and Sequential is to not have any gaps for intonations with more than 12 notes per octave, and I would suggest that change for the Preen FM3. Thanks for reading!

Xavier:

--- Quote from: JeffS on November 25, 2020, 04:00:48 AM ---I use tunings a lot that have more than 12 notes per octave. For example, 19EDO. The way I learned to play this tuning is that a sounding octave is an octave-and-a-fifth on a keyboard. So for example from C3 to G4 is one acoustic octave. Currently on the Preen FM3 with this tuning [19EDO, just for an example] you can play from C3 to F#4, almost an octave, but then the octave does not occur until C5, then everything repeats again over two keyboard octaves.

--- End quote ---

That's really interesting as i don't know how other synths work.
In your example what notes are played by G4#, F4, F4# untill C5 ? The same note as C5 ?

--- Quote from: JeffS on November 25, 2020, 04:00:48 AM ---In addition to the problem of this gap, another even worse problem is that every key you play in has the big gap in a different spot, so there is no consistency to interval sizes.
The general standard used in all synthesizers I know of going back to Yamaha, Ensoniq, Kurzweil, and Sequential is to not have any gaps for intonations with more than 12 notes per octave, and I would suggest that change for the Preen FM3. Thanks for reading!

--- End quote ---

I don't understand that. Is it something i broke in 0.97 ?
What do you mean by "every key you play in has the big gap in a different spot" ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version