PreenFM > preenfm2 and preenfm3

Built!

<< < (2/3) > >>

tIB:
And well, I'm very impressed indeed! Had a bit of fiddling finding the sweet spot on the volume- was getting a bit of distortion into the signal at max, I assume this is normal? Anyway, after that I had a great time- interface is uncluttered and straightforward, the dx7 patch loading is excellent, sound is very nice indeed- Im extremely pleased with it, ta very much for putting this together!

Now for the inevitable questions/request:

- polyphony is affected by the number of operators used? What is the maximum polyphony for each voice in each config? ie if I had a 6 op thing going on each instrument am I right in thinking the maximum is 48 ops, so 2 voices per channel?

- filters- I like what you have done there, but any chance of adding a bandpass? I do love me some bandpass...

- mixing- how do I set the overall level of each instrument? (I'll RTFM and delete that one if I find an answer!)

pld:

--- Quote from: tIB on June 08, 2014, 01:45:11 PM ---Had a bit of fiddling finding the sweet spot on the volume- was getting a bit of distortion into the signal at max

--- End quote ---
I know the volume pot for the first kits is slightly wonky, but I thought the new revision was better. Xavier will know...

--- Quote ---- polyphony is affected by the number of operators used? What is the maximum polyphony for each voice in each config? ie if I had a 6 op thing going on each instrument am I right in thinking the maximum is 48 ops, so 2 voices per channel?

--- End quote ---
Right, 48 operators total, so 48/6/4=2. If you use fewer instruments (number of voices = 0) you should be able to use more voices in the others.

--- Quote ---- filters- I like what you have done there, but any chance of adding a bandpass? I do love me some bandpass...

--- End quote ---
Um, maybe :)

--- Quote ---- mixing- how do I set the overall level of each instrument? (I'll RTFM and delete that one if I find an answer!)

--- End quote ---
Heh, there's a gain setting on the filter page :P As you might have noticed, the level is dependent on the number of voices too.

tIB:
Thanks very much for the input! The volume distortion was my end rather than the preen's I think- forgot I had something on the mixer inserts!  :)

I wonder if a nice shortcut/additional page would be a level control page. I guess I could set one up on performance mode but wonder if an instrument levels page would be more practical? Of course, 'just' a bandpass filter would be plenty... FM + bandpass = made for one another!

DMM:
My PreenFM is also ready ;)

Xavier:
Thanks for the feedbacks on this page  :D
And thanks Patrick for your help...

--- Quote from: tIB on June 08, 2014, 05:09:21 PM ---Thanks very much for the input! The volume distortion was my end rather than the preen's I think- forgot I had something on the mixer inserts!  :)

I wonder if a nice shortcut/additional page would be a level control page. I guess I could set one up on performance mode but wonder if an instrument levels page would be more practical? Of course, 'just' a bandpass filter would be plenty... FM + bandpass = made for one another!

--- End quote ---

Glad to see the distortion was outside the preenfm2.
Not easy to add a level page of the 4 instruments that should be saved with the combo.  :-\
And I agree, a bandpass would really be a plus.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version