preenfm Forum

PreenFM => preenfm2 and preenfm3 => Topic started by: Marto on August 19, 2026, 10:44:14 PM

Title: Intermittent button misfire behavior - any thoughts? *FIXED*
Post by: Marto on August 19, 2026, 10:44:14 PM
I recently bought a PreenFM3 used. The seller had built tis unit himself.

I have noticed a intermittent misfire issue with button #1 of the bottom left 6x button matrix.

Every few presses it does not trigger.

Observations:
- I have turned the unit on approx 6 times over various days - sometimes the issue is there, sometimes not. 50/50
- If I tap very far to the left of the button, there is none
- Tapping to the centre or right of the button results in misfires.
- I tried a whole combination of different ways to press it. Momentary or long presses, same result.

Has anyone experienced this behavior and if so, do you think this is a software or hardware issue?

Maybe someone can suggest some things to try.

Thanks so much for reading :)
Title: Re: Intermittent button misfire behavior - any thoughts?
Post by: matrix12x on August 21, 2026, 06:45:57 PM
I have not had this as an issue. might the button's underlying switch just need some contact cleaner?
Title: Re: Intermittent button misfire behavior - any thoughts?
Post by: Marto on August 26, 2026, 01:23:41 PM
I have not had this as an issue. might the button's underlying switch just need some contact cleaner?

Thanks for the tip! Happy to report that the issue actually went away with use. Quite odd but seems to be fixed now, thankfully. I appreciate the help!
Title: Re: Intermittent button misfire behavior - any thoughts? *FIXED*
Post by: jabberwalky on August 26, 2026, 04:17:08 PM
Sounds like the sort of typical behavior of a failing tact switch. It's why I tend to never go cheap on the switches, since you can easily buy cheap ones brand new that have issues like this.