Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Marto

Pages: [1]
1
I have not had this as an issue. might the button's underlying switch just need some contact cleaner?

Thanks for the tip! Happy to report that the issue actually went away with use. Quite odd but seems to be fixed now, thankfully. I appreciate the help!

2
I recently bought a PreenFM3 used. The seller had built tis unit himself.

I have noticed a intermittent misfire issue with button #1 of the bottom left 6x button matrix.

Every few presses it does not trigger.

Observations:
- I have turned the unit on approx 6 times over various days - sometimes the issue is there, sometimes not. 50/50
- If I tap very far to the left of the button, there is none
- Tapping to the centre or right of the button results in misfires.
- I tried a whole combination of different ways to press it. Momentary or long presses, same result.

Has anyone experienced this behavior and if so, do you think this is a software or hardware issue?

Maybe someone can suggest some things to try.

Thanks so much for reading :)

3
preenfm2 and preenfm3 / Where to find patch banks for the PreenFM3?
« on: August 17, 2026, 05:59:35 PM »
Hi there,

New to PreenFM3 and new also to FM in general.

I was looking around for patch banks for the PreenFM3 to see the capabilities and see how they work. I wouldn't know where to begin to program my own patches.

I found a small few dotted around this forum.

Is there an all in one spot to find groups of these patches?

I was looking in particular for PreenFM3 specific ones that make use of the inbuilt FX, if they exist? (Not looking for DX7 ones.)

Thanks in advance for any leads here :).

4
preenfm2 and preenfm3 / Re: Preenfm3 bank & midi list
« on: August 16, 2026, 05:41:15 PM »
Hi David. I am new to the forum and I don't see an attachment, maybe as the post is older it disappears? Perhaps you could re-attach?

Hi,

I assembled the Preenfm3 two years ago, and it was my first experience with hardware FM. As I prepared myself tables with CC values, NRPN (documentation for the preen is its Achilles' heel) and a general template it began to open up for me.

Sound bank - you won't find ‘classic’ FM sounds here. No bells and whistles (pun intended). I tried to step out of DX7/pads/pianos comfort zone a bit. There are some decent (IMHO) Kick presets .Some bass, leads, drones. A few presets made for a joke, because why not. I don't play keyboards, I use sequencers. This is made mostly (except for the drones) for fast 1/16 & 4/4 kick & offbeat hh paterns. Added some overview info, sometimes it's worth playing with env, lfo, IM, find a good octave...

In attachments - MidiCC list, NRPN tables (my audio workstation is without internet and I won't keep searching github or doing math equations to find what LSB value I need), value template, .bnk bank.
Have fun, maybe some preset will suit someone.

Pages: [1]