Author Topic: Finished module with "reversing" encoders  (Read 8622 times)

Dude72

• Team member
    • View Profile
Finished module with "reversing" encoders
« on: February 02, 2013, 07:02:06 PM »
Hi all. There was a time, and I ended up the module with "reversing" encoders. Little altered author hull design (in fact, had to make a new drawing.) Different halves of the side and rear panel is parallel to the connectors. Also decided to completely close the display by protective "glass" screen.
Had to work to experiment with modes of cutting and engraving laser engraver to find the optimal mode because up to this point has never had to work with acrylics. Special difficulty caused toning engraved sings.
After studying the experience of experts in engraving I found that the best solution is rubbing acrylic paint with a rubber spatula, then allow to dry for 1 hour and then soaking water and the removal of unnecessary residues of paint with the aid of a wooden or plastic scraper. During the day there comes the final polymerization of paint.
Huge selection of colors available in the shops for artists, including metallic paint type.
I hope that someone useful in my experience, is ready to shell out more photos and drawing files.

Dude72

• Team member
    • View Profile
Re: Finished module with "reversing" encoders
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 07:06:44 PM »
more pictures

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Finished module with "reversing" encoders
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 04:32:34 PM »

Hey Dude72,

Congratulations... great work !!!
And thanks a lot for sharing those nice pictures...

Xavier