PreenFM > preenfm2 and preenfm3

[Fixed] Flashing the Bootloader in a Mac with Mavericks

<< < (2/13) > >>

Xavier:

--- Quote from: Varthdader on January 03, 2014, 03:08:05 PM ---I don´t see the orange led flashing

--- End quote ---

Normal because you used the JMP3 solution. The PreenFM2 direcly entered DFU mode.

--- Quote from: Varthdader on January 03, 2014, 03:08:05 PM ---and the dfu-util does not list the device when I perform the dfu-util -l command. Nor does it perform the boot loader update with the command described in the instructions because it says there is no dfu device.
Any pointers as to where to go from here?

--- End quote ---

Be sure your dfu-util version is at least 0.6.
If dfu-util does not see your device, it can be a problem from your internal PCB->CERB40 cable.

To know if your cable is OK, let me know if you have midi over usb working ? (must be enable in the setup).

6581punk:
I had a bit of trouble with my own USB cable.

For flashing I connected a cable directly to the CERB.

Varthdader:
My dfu-util is the latest, 0.7. It was downloaded yesterday.

I enabled and saved the option to USB midi in/out in the PreenFM2´s´menu.

Is there an easy way to test USB midi? Or directly test the cable?

I am not a big usb midi user. Mostly had this usb to DIN midi adapter for my synths. I do have a mac with Garageband if it is any use, and an iPhone with the usb accessory (which works ok with the usb to din adapter).

As an aside, I followed the JP3 way because that is how it is explained in the instructions. If there is another, easyer way, please do explain and I could try. Of course I would like to have a fully functional, usb-midi enabled PreenFM2 so I would like to fix my cable if it is faulty.

I am kinda in the dark when it comes to usb and flashing with the command line, so please be patient with me!

Varthdader:
Ok, I just checked my internal usb cable and had soldered a terminal wrong (soldered terminals 2 and 4 instead of 3!)+

Now my Mac sees the dfu PreenFM2.

All I need now is to issue the dfu-util commands to flash the boot loader first and firmware second.

Problem is, the .cmd files in my download are set to popen in windows notepad (from my virtualised Windows install) and I have no clue how to just tell dfu-util to flash from the boot loader file I have.

From the instructions, it just says to "run install_bootloader.cmd from the firmware zip file", well I do not know how to do that...

Xavier:
Good... One step furhter ;-)

When your PreenFM is visible in DFU mode with 'dfu-util -l'
You just have to copy and past the content of the cmd iles in your terminal.

Or copy the following :

--- Code: ---dfu-util -a0 -d 0x0483:0xdf11 -D p2_boot_1.10.bin -R -s 0x8000000
--- End code ---
for the bootloader...

And :

--- Code: ---dfu-util -a0 -d 0x0483:0xdf11 -D p2_09no.bin -R -s 0x8040000
--- End code ---
for the firmware.

Xavier

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page