PreenFM > preenfm2 and preenfm3

Few observations

<< < (2/5) > >>

kuzma_p:

--- Quote from: Xavier on January 20, 2014, 10:55:37 AM ---
5. I 'm not sure i get it. x10 on the LFO env timing ?  You meant /10 on the timing right ? Strange to be in the settings, it's more a preset parameter.

6. It was in the PreenFM1 and i removed it... i'll definitely add it back. CC1, CC2, CC3, CC4.

7. Would that work to be able to access the 4 CC of previous point from the encoder ? You could route CC1 to 4 target in the Matrix.

As you seem to be really inside the engine...
I'll share this week a beta version of the "work in progress" firmware: arpeggiator, IM per voice, cheap but usefull filter section (LP, HP, Bass boost).

Xavier

--- End quote ---

5. No, i mean multiplication of existing Mult parameter in Modulation Matrix. It can be presented in settings and should be set to X1 by default. But if someone wants to exceed existing -10 ... 10 range, to make extremely deep modulations (for percussion, for example) he can tweak this setting. Yes, this can affect all existing presets, so user should go to settings and set depth back to X1, if he wants to get his common sounds back. X10 can be too much, tho. Something like X1 -X4 is enough i guess.

6+7. Yeah, i think that would be great.

Wow, WIP FW. Sounds interesting, looking forward for this.

--- Quote from: Xavier on January 20, 2014, 10:55:37 AM ---Seems like you spent time with your Preen  :)

--- End quote ---

Hehe, yeah. Then, i'm really interested in FM so i patiently edit my tx81z from panel sometimes. PFM2's UI is a breeze and fun to edit in compare  ;)

6581punk:
Just a note, but "classic" FM (ie. Yamaha) is phase modulation not frequency modulation ;)

Preen does FM not PM right?

Xavier:

Yes the preen is FM... 
Which is why of the reason i cannot implement feedback. It changes the pitch with FM. It works with PM.

kuzma_p:
Yeah, Blofeld has FM abilities too. You can do 3OP FM pretty well with it. And you can FM Osc by itself so it starts to sound funnily unstable. It could be useful somehow with Blofeld, but in context of PreenFM it is kinda useless.

Xavier:

Pitch change is expected with FM when 2 or more cascading modulators.
http://www.musicdsp.org/showone.php?id=160

As soon as there's a DC in the modulating signal, there's a pitch shift, which is the case with cascading modulators.
I'll try to add DC filter to see how it sounds but it won't accept the CPU overload at MAX polyphony.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version