Author Topic: keystep pro>preenfm3>nymphes midi issues  (Read 2626 times)

jangalangalang

• Team member
    • View Profile
keystep pro>preenfm3>nymphes midi issues
« on: January 31, 2022, 10:43:38 AM »
hey everyone, I'm trying to troubleshoot a midi issue that is really confusing me.

I'm trying to send midi from the keystep pro via din5 to the preenfm3 and then thru to the nymphes using the supplied din5 to mini trs adaptor.

the nymphes receives midi fine when I send directly from the keystep pro - and the preenfm3 is receiving and sending midi fine from the keystep pro to my other devices (scarlett 8i6 and 0-coast) - so I have no idea why the nymphes isn't receiving midi through the preenfm3.

I'm currently waiting to hear back from dreadbox but I thought to ask here if anyone has had similar issues with the preenfm3 midi thru.

Advice would be greatly appreciated!

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: keystep pro>preenfm3>nymphes midi issues
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 01:44:43 PM »
Hi,

You wrote :
... the preenfm3 is receiving and sending midi fine from the keystep pro to my other devices (scarlett 8i6 and 0-coast)
so I assume Din5 out port on the preenfm3 is working fine and that "Midi thru" is enabled in MIX>Global.

Midi thu is a byte by byte copy of the input to the output:
https://github.com/Ixox/preenfm3/blob/master/firmware/Src/preenfm3.cpp#L377
I'm wondering where your problem can come from ?

A test that could help to understand :
If you send midi note to the preenfm3 through USB from your computer for example.
Midi will be copied to the DIN5 output but using different timing. Does that work with the Nymphes?

« Last Edit: January 31, 2022, 02:27:53 PM by Xavier »

jangalangalang

• Team member
    • View Profile
Re: keystep pro>preenfm3>nymphes midi issues
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2022, 01:35:08 AM »
Hi Xavier thanks for the response!

Yes, midi thru is enabled in mix>global and it seems that the din5 out is working ok.

As you have suggested, I have sent midi via USB to the preenfm3 and the problem is the same - midi thru to 0-coast via din5 and it is working fine, but midi thru to the nymphes and keystep pro both via din5 is not working properly.

I have now also tried midi din5 out from scarlet 8i6 into preenfm3 and then thru to the keystep pro and that is also not working properly - but the other way - midi din5 out from keystep pro into preenfm3 and then through to scarlet 8i6 is ok - so it very confusing for me!

it seems to be an unusual problem so if there is no solution then I can workaround with a midi through box if required but would prefer not to purchase one if possible.

I also have the v0.109 firmware (it is a relatively new prebuilt purchase from vandaal).

Thankyou in advance for your help!