PreenFM > preenfm2 and preenfm3

Feature request: Microtuning

(1/6) > >>

kuzma_p:
Hello Xavier and guys!
What do you think about ability to load scala tuning files or to set your own tuning?

For example you can microtune tx81z/dx11: http://www.rreid.net/tuning/sysex_microtune.txt

I feel myself being in 12-TET jail lately  :D

Xavier:
This is an interesting idea :)

I had no idea what contains a scala file, i just had a look.
It only describe how the notes are distributed in one octave.
So i don't get how to map the notes to the midi keyboard when the number of notes per octave are different from 12.

Less than 12 : do we leave silent notes and begin each octave on the C keyboard note ?
Greater than 12 : ? ? ?

What do other synth/VST do ?

Xavier

kuzma_p:
I guess, every note get's retuned. For example, here is tx81z programmer's tuning window for octave:

Full keyboard tuning editor is the same, but continious from c-2 to g8, so you can retune every key.

Madronalabs Aalto can load scala files, but you can't edit tunings. When i play note sequence from c3 to b6 pitch changes continiously according to scale you select, it can be chinese 60 or javanese pelog (7 notes). So midi notes are just a set of triggers and with Aalto you can ignore 12 TET notation system, especially if you have Madronalabs Soundplane:

or haken continuum.

But system wise midi notes are still с-4s and a#3s etc

funkyfli:
The same on my Korg X3... Each key has a 'cents' adjustment.  I guess unused keys could be duplicates.

kuzma_p:
No, scala uses all keys iirc. But if you want, you can tune all keys to 440Hz  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version