Author Topic: my appreciation and suggestions  (Read 14578 times)

solipsvs

• Team Member
    • View Profile
Re: my appreciation and suggestions
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2015, 10:24:41 PM »
pity about that vector mixer  ;)  im not a coder tho.   :(  are you saying this because theres no more resources for a mixer of the kind?  it doesnt matter really, i can just use a controller made for the task.

xavier thank you for a lovely synth as is and im flattered that you actually added the phase control over the LFOs!  ive never been immortalized this way...

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2015, 10:48:18 PM »

Haha... LFO phases were a good sugestion  ;)

You can already make a external vector mixer by controlling Filter Gain with NRPN.
http://ixox.fr/preenfm2/manual/midi/

If your DAW does not support NRPN (ableton live ?) you'll have to wait for CC support for the filter gain.

Xavier

solipsvs

• Team Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2015, 11:33:57 PM »
no i like to use mostly hardware sequencers for everything.  the one i would like to use with pfm2 is zaquencer

hey!  can we load our own LFO waves?

solipsvs

• Team Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2015, 04:35:43 AM »
ok i just need to learn how to use it but i think i can use nrpns with my Wave Idea Bitstream 3x, record them to a scene or motion sequence and then trigger those with zaquencer...  scenes with program changes, and motion sequences with notes or simple tempo sync.  i knew there were options!  im loving this synth!

solipsvs

• Team Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2015, 08:17:10 PM »
i think i have some improvement ideas for LFO manipulation if you dont mind hearing me out haha and thank you very much for adding an offset, seriously thats very cool already!

of course offset as a mod destination (note on only) is a very nice idea indeed.

another idea i have is perhaps enabling some sort of LFO reset event independent of 'note on' that will force restart the LFO phase to whatever is set plus any offset from the mod matrix.

another idea is perhaps to allow us to load our own LFO shapes?  maybe allow oscillator shapes as lfo shapes since its already there?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 04:57:08 PM by alien_brain »

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2015, 09:34:56 AM »

I'm not into a firmware upgrade mood, but i keep these ideas in mind.. Thanks for sharing.

solipsvs

• Team Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2015, 09:42:29 AM »
ah well it doesnt hurt to ask.  im on my second build, and my third will be soon.