Author Topic: Usb File Directory Structure  (Read 4297 times)

Ashy72

• Team member
    • View Profile
Usb File Directory Structure
« on: February 29, 2016, 08:57:15 PM »
Hi my first post couldnt find anything about this so....... I got my preenfm2 built today and had it playing sounds earlier really liking the sound! I would like to know if in the DX7 directory you can put sub folders for your sysex patches? or do yoo have to put all the syx files together all in this folder. What I am asking is can i segregate all my different downloaded patches to make it easier to navigate them or do they have to be all lumped together?

Thanks.

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Usb File Directory Structure
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 12:04:56 PM »
Hi,
No the preenfm2 only read the sysex files that it finds in /pfm2/dx7 folder.
Best,
Xavier

Ashy72

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 03:35:05 PM »
Hi Xavier thanks! I have an electronics background and I like the sound of your synth... I did however feel that in the kit that I soldered myself that the pads were slightly too small and the clearances to the ground plane were also too small leading to the possibility of shorts to ground where they are not wanted. Some noobs to building kits might struggle with these? Are you planning to put more clearances in in the future it might save on supporting people with non working kits?

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 10:16:14 AM »
I don't have plan to modify the PCB.
It's not perfect, but i don't see any potential problem such as the one you describe.
Which pads are you talking about ?
I'm not aware of anybody that did not sucessfully build his preenfm2 ;)

Best,

Xavier