PreenFM > preenfm2 and preenfm3

Volume mixer

(1/3) > >>

grit:
Say I love my new PreenFM2 module, it all works very smart.

I might have missed functionality (have just been fiddling around with the PreenFM2), but wouldn't it also be nice to incorporate a performance menu somewhere so the 4 rotary encoder would act as a 'mixer console'? The menu could be added to the load/save/tools for example. Maybe some screen like this:

--------------------------------
|       CH1    CH2    CH3    CH4 |(can act as mute?)
| pan    0     -10     10     0  |
| fx     0      1      1     .5  |
| level  1      .5     .1    .5  |
|                                |
 --------------------------------

Maybe the left buttons could act as a Y selector and the rotarys are fixed to a channel.
This way you could use the PreenFM2 for e.g. live sequencer performances a lot easier

solipsvs:
+1

hey, how about a vector mode?   :P

mzero:
+1

I was just coming here to suggest pretty much the same thing.
While performing live, I need a quick way to adjust the balance of the four instruments.

For me, volume is the only important one. Pan might be nice.
Fx level I can see as being difficult, in so far as it might interact with the patch... and not sure there is but one "fx" control to use?

matrix12x:
+1
This would be a great addition.  :)

mzero:
Other thing I noted today related to this: The volume of an instrument is reduced as you add more voices. This is done in an attempt to get the most dynamic range out of the DACs...

But in live work, this is very awkward: If I'm playing live and I decide to adjust the voice allocation - sometimes I like to up a bass sound from 1 voice to 2 - now I have to fiddle with other parameters to make it balanced again.

The 18-bit DAC has plenty of head room - it would be nicer to have a voice have a constant volume.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version