Author Topic: Keyboard scaling on envelope rates..  (Read 3659 times)

opus.quatre

• Team Member
    • View Profile
Keyboard scaling on envelope rates..
« on: April 23, 2017, 06:57:44 PM »
Hello there..
I see that there is no keyboard scaling, or keyboard follow, for the envelope rates..

I understand that, through the matrix section, I can direct the keyboard-follow value (in fact, 2 values) to different destinations.. This includes individual operator attacks, all operators attack, and all operators release..
But nothing for the decay sections of the envelope (time 2, 3)..

Having a decay depending on the keyboard is truly useful for all pianos (acoustic and electric), for mallet instruments (marimba, vibraphone...) and for plucked string instruments (guitars, basses)..

Can this be changed ?

Enjoy the sun..
Thierry
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 05:57:54 PM by opus.quatre »

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Keyboard scaling on envelope rates..
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 03:58:53 PM »

Hi Thierry,

There is a "Dec*" destination for "all enveloppe decay" available since firmware 2.05.
http://ixox.fr/forum/index.php?topic=63505.0

Are you talking about something else ?

opus.quatre

• Team Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 04:27:32 PM »
Oh.. thanx Xavier.. in fact I have looked at the windows editor and didn't see..
OK. . So at least there is a possibility to have a global decay key follow.. individual would be great,  but it's already very nice..
But what is "decay" ?? Rate 2 ?? Rate 3 ?? Both ??
Have a nice time..
Thierry

opus.quatre

• Team Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 09:16:42 PM »
Hello there.. And hello Xavier..
So I tried this afternoon, and I understood that "decay is decay".. ie only "rate 2" is concerned by this "all op decay" matrix input..
May I ask for a "all op sustain rate" input ?? (If not, it's no big problem, though.. Just, it would be better with, than without)
Cause of course, converting now the "all op decay" into "all op rates 2&3" would ruin the already exisitng presets, so no way..

And also, I understood that Attack can be modulated by velocity.. And same for decay.. Great great great..
Preenfm2 is definitely a powerful synth..
I love it..
(Even if I would have prefered the 4 levels of each envelope, to appear on a single screen, and the 4 rates idem.. I'm sure it's more "talking" to our minds, than the actual display.. It would have helped us having an idea of the shape of the envelope.. No big deal as well..)

Have a good evening..
Thierry