Author Topic: PC/MAC preenfm editor 3.1.4 (Preenfm2 Unison)  (Read 70699 times)

vurt

• Team Member
    • View Profile
Re: preenfm2 editor 2.11.4 - standalone/vst2/vst3/Audio unit
« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2020, 07:35:36 PM »
Hi Xavier,

May I ask you a favor for the next update of the editor? You told me in an older post answer that you forgot to implement the second digit in the LFO speed (currently, LFO speed on the editor is 1.0, instead of 1.11 on the PreenFM2 screen).

But the absence of this second digit makes a huge difference while tuning the LFO speed on the editor. I'd be happy to see it implemented in 2.11.5 :)

Thanks!

i too would love to see the editor updated.. it's just way faster to use it than a racked eurorack unit where i unfortunately will have to stand up while editing, not something i feel like doing for hours.. but its overall just 100x times faster to use the editor on a PC :)

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2020, 10:23:52 PM »
Hey,

So the LFO needs 2 digits, OK.
And each matrix row needs 2 destinations, OK.

Anything else (easy to do) to add for editor 2.12  before i compile the 10 binaries for all plugins/standalone/platform possibilities ?? :)

vurt

• Team Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2020, 08:28:25 AM »
Hey,

So the LFO needs 2 digits, OK.
And each matrix row needs 2 destinations, OK.

Anything else (easy to do) to add for editor 2.12  before i compile the 10 binaries for all plugins/standalone/platform possibilities ?? :)

well, i'd love too see all the new things from the latest beta.. envelope loop etc. there was also a mention of filters being reworked, not sure if
that needs to be in the updated editor to reflect these changes.. the editor does seem to get buggy if something doesn't match with what's in the hardware.
Thanks so much Xavier!

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: preenfm2 editor 2.12.0 - standalone/vst2/vst3/Audio unit
« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2020, 03:06:29 PM »

OK for a new "loop checkbox" in the modulator enveloppes, that makes life easier.
And i also updated the list of matrix sources, matrix destinations and filters.

Available as usual :
https://github.com/Ixox/preenfm2Controller/releases

Yan

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2020, 08:29:31 AM »
Thanks a lot for this new update for both firmware and LFO! I don't exactly. I soldered mine 5 years ago now, and even if i'm not the ultimate power user, i really enjoy seing it so regularly getting better. Kudos for your work!

imaginarion

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 01, 2020, 02:45:21 PM »
Hey Xavier!
2.12.0 VST3 does not push/pull now.

preenfm2 os 2.12
Ableton Live 10.1.7
Win 7

--------
Resolved)
Need to renew plugin inside instrument rack. Ableton bug.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 08:25:43 PM by Xavier »

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Version 3 of the editor is available and should now work well with preenfm3 v0.103+.
https://github.com/Ixox/preenfm2Controller/releases

Select "pfm3" in the top combo and you're ready to go.
As already said in the first post, the editor and all its versions are heavy to test, so don't hesitate to test and report if you find anything weird.

Thanks

Sciaman

• Team member
    • View Profile
Re: PC/MAC preenfm editor 3.1.1 (Bug fix + Plugins)
« Reply #82 on: February 03, 2021, 03:02:56 PM »
Hi all. First post from a newbie here. Just received a second hand Plexiglass FM2. Sounds great. Just what I was looking for. I updated the FW to 2.12, and downloaded the 3.1.1 mac editor (I'm on 10.15.7)
However, I cannot seem to get any MIDI into the editor ... I've selected the correct option > midi input (I checked with midi monitor app that all was OK arriving at the computer)
Also, how do I get to the preset editor page ?
I also cannot get the plugins showing in Ableton, and I have put them in the correct place. Is there a way of allowing them to be seen ?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 03:06:14 PM by Sciaman »

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 03, 2021, 10:31:20 PM »
Hi all. First post from a newbie here. Just received a second hand Plexiglass FM2. Sounds great. Just what I was looking for. I updated the FW to 2.12, and downloaded the 3.1.1 mac editor (I'm on 10.15.7)
However, I cannot seem to get any MIDI into the editor ... I've selected the correct option > midi input (I checked with midi monitor app that all was OK arriving at the computer)
I also cannot get the plugins showing in Ableton, and I have put them in the correct place. Is there a way of allowing them to be seen ?

Hi,

The "midi" button in the main page, is the one where you must chose the "preenfm" midi device. Use USB and select "preen mk2" on both input and output.
The menu "Option > Midi input" allow you to select a midi keyboard.. All midi from the "checked" device will be redirected to the preenfm selected in the above line.

On my mac i put VST and Component (Audio unit) file in my user library
/Users/<MYUSER>/Library/Audio/plugin-Ins/VST
/Users/<MYUSER>/Library/Audio/plugin-Ins/Component
Ableton detect them without problem.
Although MacOS requires 1000 confirmations because i'm not a approved developer from apple.

Sciaman

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 04, 2021, 07:29:17 PM »

Hi,

The "midi" button in the main page, is the one where you must chose the "preenfm" midi device. Use USB and select "preen mk2" on both input and output.
The menu "Option > Midi input" allow you to select a midi keyboard.. All midi from the "checked" device will be redirected to the preenfm selected in the above line.

On my mac i put VST and Component (Audio unit) file in my user library
/Users/<MYUSER>/Library/Audio/plugin-Ins/VST
/Users/<MYUSER>/Library/Audio/plugin-Ins/Component
Ableton detect them without problem.
Although MacOS requires 1000 confirmations because i'm not a approved developer from apple.

Hi, yes, that's exactly what I've done with the standalone editor, but is still not receiving MIDI from my MPK249. I know it's connected OK, as I can edit the preen from the editor whilst sending DIN midi to it directly, just can't get MIDI in to the editor.

I have managed to get the AU plugin working now, and that receives MIDI ok, it's just the standalone that doesn't

Also, how do I get to the page to re-arrange my presets please ? Do I need to have it in USB access mode ?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 07:53:51 PM by Sciaman »

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: PC/MAC preenfm editor 3.1.2 (Bug fix + Plugins)
« Reply #85 on: February 04, 2021, 11:12:31 PM »
So you see the MPK249 in "option>midi input", you select it (checkbox).
And when you play midi notes, it does not reach the preenfm. correct ?

Or you don't see at all the MPK249 in "option>midi input" ?

For reorganizing banks that's in "Options", like "midi input" but below ;)

The new standalone version has 3 new "Options" menus to deal with Bank management :
Reorganize a pfm bank file
  Load any bank file and reorder and rename preset. 
  Then you can save it for your preenfm2 or preenfm3 (there's a small difference regarding the number of voices)

Create a pfm bank file from a presets folder 
  If you have a folder full of preset (up to 128), you can create a preenfm bank from it wit this option. 

Create a presets folder from a pfm bank file
  Create a folder with the 128 presets from a bank file. 
  You can then load them easily in the editor. 
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 11:14:09 PM by Xavier »

Sciaman

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 04, 2021, 11:37:04 PM »
So you see the MPK249 in "option>midi input", you select it (checkbox).
And when you play midi notes, it does not reach the preenfm. correct ?

Or you don't see at all the MPK249 in "option>midi input" ?

For reorganizing banks that's in "Options", like "midi input" but below ;)

The new standalone version has 3 new "Options" menus to deal with Bank management :
Reorganize a pfm bank file
  Load any bank file and reorder and rename preset. 
  Then you can save it for your preenfm2 or preenfm3 (there's a small difference regarding the number of voices)

Create a pfm bank file from a presets folder 
  If you have a folder full of preset (up to 128), you can create a preenfm bank from it wit this option. 

Create a presets folder from a pfm bank file
  Create a folder with the 128 presets from a bank file. 
  You can then load them easily in the editor.

Thank you for the preset manager info.
Yes, you are correct, I see and check the input for MPK249 in OPTIONS > MIDI INPUT, but no MIDI arrives at the preen (and I have the preen selected for input and output in the MIDI tab)
I have checked the USB MIDI in and out are selected on the preen

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 05, 2021, 08:58:06 AM »
I just double checked on my mac and it works fine.

I think midi channel can be the problem, check that your keyboard is sending notes on the channel that the preenfm is expected.

Sciaman

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 05, 2021, 10:15:07 AM »
I just double checked on my mac and it works fine.

I think midi channel can be the problem, check that your keyboard is sending notes on the channel that the preenfm is expected.

Yes I have, and it is.
I used MIDI monitor to check that the correct note messages and the correct channels were set, and still nothing.
I have also checked another controller and my MIDI interface, and no MIDI is arriving from any of them to the editor, although all is fine at the MIDI monitor app. Not sure what else there is that can be done. I'll just use the plugin for now.

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 05, 2021, 11:19:16 AM »

That's weird.
My last idea is that the keyboard USB device may be used somewhere. Make sure you don't have other apps open using the keyboard USB.
You can also send Midi through DIN5 to the preenfm while using the editor with USB.