Author Topic: LCD display connector  (Read 3447 times)

zelea2

• Team member
    • View Profile
LCD display connector
« on: February 02, 2018, 04:10:54 AM »
I was looking into building some cases for my PreenFM2s and I don't know how to solve the problem of the LCD display height. Now I have a normal ".1 header male and female and that's quite high. Even if I replace it with the Augat type (see picture) I'll only be able to lower it about 1mm and it needs to be flush with the buttons and that's 8-9mm lower. The only option I see is to solder the LCD header permanently to the main board.

I could raise the buttons (by using a different cap or by gluing 2 caps above each other but I can't raise them too much because they are limited by the encoder knobs.

How did you solved this problem. Are your LCDs much thinner than mine?

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: LCD display connector
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 08:19:55 AM »
Have a look at the bom and at the LCD case in the github folder :
https://github.com/Ixox/preenfm2/tree/master/hardware/case

They all work fine together.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 04:21:02 PM by Xavier »

zelea2

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 09:03:57 PM »
Have a look at the bom and at the LCD case in the github folder :
https://github.com/Ixox/preenfm2/tree/master/hardware/case

It's still not very clear but I can see your spacers are 8mm while my screen sits now at 10mm.
Switching the socket to Augat type will probably give me that smaller gap.

This also means that my buttons caps are too low (probaby need to glue another one on top) AND the encoder knobs are too tall - need  to get the ones from your BOM or use my router to remove some plastic from the current ones.

For the cases I think I'll use the green 6600 acrylic because it's a dark green and still has about 27% transparency.

zelea2

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 06:05:35 PM »
Can someone please post a sideways picture of their PreenFM2? Like the one I've posted above.