PreenFM > preenfm2 and preenfm3

Preenfm2 Dead

(1/2) > >>

alexchm:
Hi, i just recently purchased the metal case and the yellow oled to upgrade my preenfm, and used it happilly in the last 3 days.
Last night i shut it down to find out this morning that it wont power on... The LCD will only turn on when i try to power the module from usb and thats all, doesnt boot doesnt do anything... i opened it up and dont see any smoked components or stuff like that, right now im far from my bench, ill have to wait till tomorrow to get back home to analyse this better.

Has anyone had the same problem? I used it only with 9V PSU

Xavier:

Hi,

Check JMP1 is on, and verify the voltage at the 7805 pins.

--- Quote ---"The LCD will only turn on when i try to power the module from usb"

--- End quote ---

So what do you see on the LCD in this case ?

Have you try entering bootloader mode by pressing a key while powering it on.

Xavier

alexchm:
on screen are just squares... indeed regulator shows 0 to little volts!

EDIT: the diode under the regulator is shorted, gonna take one leg out, and see whats there

EDIT2: swapped the regulator and the preenfm turns on, but still only squares on the screen

Xavier:

--- Quote from: alexchm on May 13, 2019, 11:03:30 AM ---on screen are just squares... indeed regulator shows 0 to little volts!

EDIT: the diode under the regulator is shorted, gonna take one leg out, and see whats there

EDIT2: swapped the regulator and the preenfm turns on, but still only squares on the screen

--- End quote ---

Only square on the screen means there's a problem with the USB stick.
Get your stick, put it in a computer, backup your banks from it if you can.
Then format it again and fill the pfm2/ directory with the file from this zip :
https://github.com/Ixox/preenfm2/releases/download/2.08/pfm2_usb.zip

alexchm:
its all gone.. everything i created, all those patches...dispersed like space dust. im heartbroke. dont know what could have gone wrong, but a failing regulator shouldnt destroy usb stick that easy... ill need a link for that usb stick so i can swap the nand, if i lost all my work, im dead

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version