PreenFM > preenfm2 and preenfm3

New filters

<< < (26/26)

Toltekradiation:
hello @maki,
unfortunatelly, i have not much energy to continue, my day job take most of my time for now, maybe later.
Anyway you have very nice ideas to be tested ; very expressive possibilities  :)

baxgas:

--- Quote from: Xavier on December 15, 2019, 10:19:48 PM ---
. I hesitate for SAT.

--- End quote ---

@Xavier – I find Sat very nice on pure Sine-waves, can make nice Waveshaping.

Didn't have time recently to try out the other algos, but you are right about Txr1, Txr2 didn't find those very useful.
The different pole HP, LP, BP filters have subtle differences, that's true, maybe only the max. Res setting
LPx variations are also a bit so-so, but they can be useful to have multiple filters if possible.

Altogether it is definitely good to have the filters implemented in the official firmware, Toltekradiation did a wonderful work!

cube48:
Thanks to everyone who contributed into this thread and especially to Toltekradiation and Xavier for bringing in new filters. I just learned recently about this development and it made me to get my 3rd PreenFM2 (sold the first two but always come back to this eternal love affair  ;D).
They sound really good and profoundly enhance the sonic potential.

After checking them all I've realized it would be great to have the second filter parameter available as destination in mod matrix as well because on some filter types it seems the cutoff sits on the second position (correct me if I'm wrong). But having the resonance (or others) under modulation control would be awesome. I have a vague feeling there was some performance limitation in the past that didn't allow this. Has anything changed with new, more efficient filters in this regard?

Edit: I forgot to add that I love now how the Gain parameter distorts the signal nicely when cranked up. Great work!

Edit2: OK, found the answer here.

solipsvs:
is there a possibility to add a comb filter?

Toltekradiation:
hi,
i don't think so, because this kind of filters need quite some memory to work ; it use delays.
I will check what is possible to do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version