PreenFM > preenfm2 and preenfm3

Final Build Question & Display Issue[Update]

<< < (2/3) > >>

served:
Can you tell me the length of the Spacers?

Press that Plexy screenprotector inside the Frontpanel screen hole. It goes all the way until its sitting flat.

alaszlo:
@Javelin276 It's actually just the board catching light between the solder points, but thank you for the suggestion. I'd do a continuity test, but alas, I'm new to soldering and don't have a multimeter yet. Those photos I posted were after I added a little more solder to each point and, unfortunately, the behavior is the same as when there was too little solder.

@served, I assume this is Ardi I'm talking to? The metal hex spacers are ~14mm. The previous photos show the plexi screen protector pressed into the front panel hole like suggested. It's situated such that the flattest, widest side is pressed against the OLED and the smaller side is flush with the outside surface of the metal case.

served:
Hello,

Replace the OLED-resistor with a wire or Resistor leg. You have a Blue OLED screen. So you should have a 0 ohm there not 22ohm. Thats why the Screen shuts off.

Yes thats the correct way for the Plexy glass.
I cant see the reason why it doesnt fit. I just built 2 units from the same DIY kit patch and they all fit.
Try to push and resolder the Pinheaders for the Screen and Mainboard tighter together against the boards.

Best
Ardi

alaszlo:
Ardi, that resistor was definitely the cause of the buggy screen. I replaced it with a spare resistor leg and everything is working now. Thanks!

As for the issue assembling the case, I think I'm going to just buy an adhesive screen protector as I can't seem to get the case mounted flush using the plexi  screen. I've attached a photo of what the pinheaders look like with the OLED mounted. It seems to be as tight as I could have gotten it. I'm not confident in my desoldering abilities, so an adhesive protector will suffice. Aside from the plexi screen, the rest of the build went pretty smoothly!

served:
I will post you a new plexi glass. See if that works.
It has been CNCmilled a bit differently.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version