PreenFM > preenfm2 and preenfm3

Finished build, no boot [Solved]

(1/2) > >>

Eamoex:
Hi Everyone,

just finished my PreenFM2 build (kit bought from VanDaal) and it doesn't boot. I power it from USB. I populated jumpers 1 and 2. USB stick has all files on it.

I did things I'm not sure I should have done:

* put the OLED 22 Ohm resistor (I still don't understand the difference between "OLED" and "OLED Mod"...)
* put a 10K variable resistor in the reserved slot just because I thought it would be cool to be able to dim the screen
Symptoms:

* Preen doesn't register in Win10x64 when connected
* USB stick LED lights up continuous
* LD33CV reg warms up
* LM7805 reg stays cool
* screen remains pitch black
* PCB LEDs won't blink whatever knob I twiddle or switch I push
Any help appreciated!

Xavier:
Hi,

You can start by reading this thread :
http://ixox.fr/forum/index.php?topic=63509.0
And verify the different points shown of message #6.

Xavier:
And to answer your questions.

.  Yellow oled screen do need this 22 Ohm resistor, specially if you add an aluminium shield.
. I don't think it's usefull anymore with blue Oled.

. the 10k variable resistor is used by LCD screen to adjust the contrast. It's useless on OLED.

Eamoex:
Thanks Xavier. I am out right now so I'll make the checks tonight. Just a few more questions before that:

--- Quote from: Xavier on May 20, 2020, 02:12:11 PM ---.  Yellow oled screen do need this 22 Ohm resistor, specially if you add an aluminium shield.

--- End quote ---
This still means I should short these two contacts with a wire or zero Ohm resistor, right?

--- Quote from: Xavier on May 20, 2020, 02:12:11 PM ---. the 10k variable resistor is used by LCD screen to adjust the contrast. It's useless on OLED.

--- End quote ---
Okay. It doesn't matter if I leave the variable resistor there, does it?

And finally: I know which leg is the anode on LEDs, but suppose I soldered them the wrong way, could it be that much of a show stopper?

Xavier:

--- Quote from: Eamoex on May 20, 2020, 03:33:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: Xavier on May 20, 2020, 02:12:11 PM ---.  Yellow oled screen do need this 22 Ohm resistor, specially if you add an aluminium shield.

--- End quote ---
This still means I should short these two contacts with a wire or zero Ohm resistor, right?

--- End quote ---

Yes it must be shorted !
0 ohm or 22 ohm but shorted...

You can leave the varaibale resistor, no problem. It's just not used.

Leds wrongly wired does not have any impact on the rest. They just won't light up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version