PreenFM > preenfm2 and preenfm3

PreenFM3 Questions

(1/8) > >>

zmberber:
I just found out about the PreenFM3, the only place I can find information about it is here: http://ixox.fr/preenfm2/preenfm3/.  The FAQ section is helpful, but I have more questions, I wonder if anyone knows (or if Mr. Hosxe will respond).

* When approximately will we be able to get the PCB?  When will we be able to (more or less conveniently) build the PreenFM3?
* Will there be a tutorial/kit/mod for a Eurorack format anytime soon?
* What can we expect approximately for a total price for all parts?
I have been wanting to buy a PreenFM2 Eurorack format for a while now, but now I am wondering if I should wait for the PreenFM3.

I have one concern with the PreenFM3 though.  The screen.  it looks like a normal RGB screen.  I just wish the screen were like the PreenFM2, or something like a screen on an MPC1000 or the screen of an Elektron device.  I don't want dead pixels and also in general it seems like RGB screens just break very easily.  Lower resolution black-and-white LCD screens also just look way better than higher resolution RGB screens.  But that is just a minor concern haha ;)

Yeah so basically I am wondering if I should wait for the PreenFM3 or just get my PreenFM2 Eurorack and be happy with the nice looking screen.  The new features are not super crazy, but still, a good reason to get the PreenFM3, maybe...

Xavier:
Thanks for these first questions  :)

. I should receive a first small batch of PCBs this week.
  I'll sell them with a discount and will see from the feedbacks whether this version needs modification.
  This version is maybe the 10th i ordered, so i really hope everywthing will be OK.

. I have no plan doing any Eurorack version. Maybe VanDaalElectronics will work on the hardware.
  If so, i'll likely do the firmware part as for the preenfm2.
  Nothing is started yet.

. Price for the 2 PCBs of the preenfm3 you see here : http://ixox.fr/preenfm2/preenfm3/thebuil/  will be 85€.
  Total price will depend on the case and the part you add to it.
  I think it will be around 200€.

. The TFT i chose for the preenfm3 looks OK and has a SD slot which is also used.
  It's cheap and is not soldered so it can be replace easily.
  The UI use the 240x320 color display. So you can do things that are not possible with a text display.
  See attach screenshot.

Xavier

solipsvs:
awesome!

will you be able to use core parts of the preenfm2 code?

just curious, will there be wavetable support?

Xavier:

--- Quote from: solipsvs on September 09, 2020, 01:14:16 AM ---awesome!
will you be able to use core parts of the preenfm2 code?
just curious, will there be wavetable support?

--- End quote ---

No wavetable.
The FM engine is almost the same as the preenfm2.

What you get with the preenfm3 is :
. More voices with effect per voice.
. higher sample rate (48Khz vs 42)
. 6 instruments (instead of 4)
. A "mixer" section to have more control on each instrument
. 6 audio outputs instruments can be routed to
. A graphical user interface
. A builtin small sequencer

kuzma_p:
wow! looking forward

>I'll sell them with a discount and will see from the feedbacks whether this version needs modification.

i'm in :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version