PreenFM > preenfm2 and preenfm3

[fixed in 0.95 ?] preenfm3 sd card error

<< < (8/8)

j4ustin:
I've tried updating my firmware beyond 0.90 but even at 0.91 I can't get any presets to pull up on my SD cards. I've tried 3 different SD cards (2 from Kingston, 1 from a pedal that I got unsure of the brand), and none of them work unless the version is downscaled to 0.90. The system will read the SD card firmware when flashing to go between versions, though.

I have the folder set as pfm3/ at the root with the presets stored. It works going back down to version 0.90 with no changes in place.

Am I missing something here?

Xavier:

--- Quote from: j4ustin on November 10, 2020, 08:08:57 PM ---I've tried updating my firmware beyond 0.90 but even at 0.91 I can't get any presets to pull up on my SD cards. I've tried 3 different SD cards (2 from Kingston, 1 from a pedal that I got unsure of the brand), and none of them work unless the version is downscaled to 0.90. The system will read the SD card firmware when flashing to go between versions, though.

I have the folder set as pfm3/ at the root with the presets stored. It works going back down to version 0.90 with no changes in place.

Am I missing something here?

--- End quote ---

Sorry about that.

FYI, In 0.91 i changed the way the SD card is accessed to allow loading presest without any audio glitch for other instruments.
I'll try tomorrow (day off in France) to have my "Transcend SD Card" working. Hopefully the other "non working ones" will work also.
If i cannot, i'll compile a recent firmware wth the same SD driver as in 0.90.

j4ustin:
Thanks Xavier, appreciate your work. This is an awesome instrument!

Xavier:
v0.95 will hopefully improve a lot SD card compatibility :
https://github.com/Ixox/preenfm3/releases

What did i fix ?
With SD card in SPI mode, when you read data you have to send dummy data to the SD card at the same time.
I was sending 0x00 data. Seems like 0xFF is the standard and some cards require it.

If you still don't see you card, try to format with the official SD card formatter :
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/
Copy back your /pfm3/ folder and try again.
That fixes the problem for one of my SD card.

I still have problem with my "Intenso Class 10 8Go" which cannot create big files. So don't create Seq or Mixer Bank with it.

Please let me know how it works for you,

Xavier

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version