Author Topic: Turn patches into a bank on PC?  (Read 9849 times)

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Turn patches into a bank on PC?
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2021, 08:49:32 AM »
WOW !! the preenfm is not alone in your RACK ! beautifull  8)

There does seem to be some bugs. At least for me.

OK let's see ;)

When using a folder to create a bank in the root of C:\ (like C:\patches) it says it created the bank in "C:\" but it doesn't. The .bnk is no where to be found. If i have the same folder on the desktop it works, it creates the .bnk on my desktop.

I assume the editor does not have acces to "c:\" so it cannot create a patch here. You don't have write access.
I admit a error message would have been nice ;)
Use one more folder level :
"c:\preenfm\patches"
And make sure you have write access to "c:\preenfm."

For some reason i don't get sound when loading a patch into the new editors, or when sending an already loaded patch to preen. I tried saving such a patch to see if i could get it working if e.g turning on/off the preen, but such patches are completely silent.

In your video, I see the voices set to 0 which explains the silence. (a video is always usefull :) )
A big error i made was was to use in the pfm3 the bank "voices" place to store something else.
And now that makes everything so complicated when i want to be compatible with both.
So this can be a bug.
Will take a look.

vurt

• Team Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2021, 09:51:36 AM »
ah so it defaults to zero voices, how stupid i didn't check hehe. all my patches are mono, so just one voice.. so i don't know what happens if i have more voices, maybe it takes one away and you didn't notice it because of it, if you have most patches with 4 voices or so..

and thanks, yeah it's getting crowded in there  ;D
« Last Edit: February 05, 2021, 09:53:44 AM by vurt »

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2021, 09:44:23 PM »

I tried to reproduce the voice 0 bug. And i didn't success.

With editor version 3.1.2, the only way i have voice set to 0 i to export a bank with "preenfm 3" format and to read this bank with a preenfm2.

Other solution, is that you create this bank with 3.1.0 or 3.1.1 which were a big buggy  :-\

Or you did something special... if so i'd like to have the steps  ;)

vurt

• Team Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2021, 11:24:19 PM »

I tried to reproduce the voice 0 bug. And i didn't success.

With editor version 3.1.2, the only way i have voice set to 0 i to export a bank with "preenfm 3" format and to read this bank with a preenfm2.

Other solution, is that you create this bank with 3.1.0 or 3.1.1 which were a big buggy  :-\

Or you did something special... if so i'd like to have the steps  ;)

I've tried doing a patch from scratch with the latest editor, saving then loading it. Still get the 0 voices bug (it says one voice actually but you have to switch to more voices and then back to 1 to get the voices working again).

I also tried a complete reinstall, making sure i removed all the old folders.

Minor annoyance, doesn't matter to me really.

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2021, 11:04:06 AM »
I've tried doing a patch from scratch with the latest editor, saving then loading it. Still get the 0 voices bug (it says one voice actually but you have to switch to more voices and then back to 1 to get the voices working again).

I was looking for 0 voice in the editor... but OK the editor is fine but the information sent to the preenfm2 is wrong.
That's a MAJOR annoyance from my point of view  ;)
Will make one more new version with the last file/folder choosed kept in memory.

vurt

• Team Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2021, 12:36:19 PM »

I was looking for 0 voice in the editor... but OK the editor is fine but the information sent to the preenfm2 is wrong.
That's a MAJOR annoyance from my point of view  ;)
Will make one more new version with the last file/folder choosed kept in memory.

Great to hear. I don't mind switching back/forth between editors but obviously it's better to have just one version that works for everything :)

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2021, 05:37:16 PM »
Great to hear. I don't mind switching back/forth between editors but obviously it's better to have just one version that works for everything :)

Thanks for all your tests.
v3.1.3 is available.

vurt

• Team Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2021, 06:14:13 PM »

Thanks for all your tests.
v3.1.3 is available.

No bugs that i've discovered. Remembers last folder, no problem with muted voices :)

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2021, 08:51:09 PM »
No bugs that i've discovered. Remembers last folder, no problem with muted voices :)

I'm so happy to read that !  :D