Author Topic: Feature request: Midi Note Scaling / Key Level Scaling Like DX7  (Read 3057 times)

zmberber

• Team member
    • View Profile
The DX7 has key level scaling for each operator, meaning 6 in total.  This makes sense to me, Key level scaling should be available for each operator.  The preenfm2 has only 2 key level scaling sources, and you can't send them to multiple destinations, only to one.  You can send it to more destinations than the DX7, though (the DX7 will always apply it to the level).

It would be cool to have 6 key level scaling sources.  It would make the menu for the modulation sources a bit big, so I see why that would be difficult.

Another idea would be to add key level scaling parameters to the operator menu for each operator, sending it to the level (which for the preenfm2 would correspond to either the "IM1", "IM2" etc. or the "Mix1", "Mix2" etc.??).  What I mean is next to "Oscillator", Env A" and "Env B" to have a fourth menu "Note Scaling" or something.  The two free modulation sources for midi note scaling would stay, I guess.

I would love to try to fork the project myself, but I am afraid I don't understand the code well enough, but I might get there some day.

And yes, I know, the preenfm2 is not a DX7 emulator, but still, importing DX7 patches for basic preset starts is good, and I also just think it is a good feature just functionality wise.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 04:27:11 PM by zmberber »

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Feature request: Midi Note Scaling / Key Level Scaling Like DX7
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 08:49:37 AM »

I would love to try to fork the project myself, but I am afraid I don't understand the code well enough, but I might get there some day.

I think this is the only solution if you want 6 "key level scaling sources"  as i won't do that myself ;)
Fork the project, look at the code, try to understand and ask any question you have here. I'll reply.