Author Topic: [Fixed] Help! Bootloader flashing gone wrong  (Read 2791 times)

mrdrbobo

• Team member
    • View Profile
[Fixed] Help! Bootloader flashing gone wrong
« on: December 06, 2021, 12:42:53 AM »
I am in shock. I just upgraded to the latest FW. Then I saw that I am still in bootloader v1.11. So I downloaded the file FlashPfm2.zip and moved the following two files to my USB drive: flash_bootloader.cmd   and   p2_boot_1.13.bin.
I booted in bootloader mode, choose "Op:Flash" and then pointed to "p2_boot...." and everything seemed to proceed as intended.
BUT:    When I now boot my machine, the screen stays black and nothing happens. Luckily I still can boot in bootloader-mode, where it still reads "BootLoader v1.11".

How do I proceed from here?
I read through the forums, and because my STM32 is already flashed, I thought I could skip all teh "roll op you sleeves" stuff.

Please help.
Grtz, Bobo

« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 06:39:36 PM by Xavier »

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Help! Bootloader flashing gone wrong
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2021, 09:26:33 AM »
Hi,

The preenfm2 bootloader cannot flash itself, it always flash at the firmware memory adress.
So what you did  is you flashed the bootloader over the firmware, and as the bootloader cannot run from this adress it crashes.
A bit more info here : https://ixox.fr/forum/index.php?topic=69716.msg74558#msg74558

Very simple fix: boot into the the bootloader, and flash the latest firmware.

Advice : if your bootloader v1.11 works, don't upgrade it.

Xavier
« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 08:33:48 AM by Xavier »

mrdrbobo

• Team member
    • View Profile
Re: Help! Bootloader flashing gone wrong
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2021, 03:22:20 PM »
Hi Xavier, thanks vvvvvery much, that was a simple fix. Everything working gain. :D :D :D
I'll stay happily on bootloader 1.11
Bobo