Author Topic: Preenfm3 bug report + some FR + some questions  (Read 2475 times)

ElVicente

• Team member
    • View Profile
Preenfm3 bug report + some FR + some questions
« on: February 07, 2023, 12:02:05 PM »
Hi !

Been using my preenfm3 with linnstrument lately. What a deep little box it is ! Once the workflow understood it can really go a long way ! And the reverb sound blew me away too.
I'll post some sounds and patches when I'll made more of them.

Now some Bugs :
- I can't use the arpegiator with mpe, it doesn't work at all. Is it a known bug, something to be implemented ?
- with heavy use of copy/paste in the operator section my preenfm3 froze but I couldn't reproduce it.

Question :
- How is working the gate destination in the matrix exactly ? Does It retriggers the gate when the mod source>O or another number ?

Now for the FR :
- For using preenfm with a DAW i'd love to be able to record the perform page macros CCs when recording live performances. So I could replay them lately with the changes I made live happening again, edit them before finally rendering to audio. In my experience, preefm3 don't send those CC or maybe I missed something ?
- UI wise I'd lounge for a 3rd page on the FM -> MI page, where we could access to all operators ratios at a time . That could really speed up sound design imho.
- In the matrix another mult specifically for the second destination would be awesome.
- Still in the matrix, what about modulation curves similar to the new envelopes one ?
- I'd love it if the filters could be routed after the sum of all voices of a patch as an option.
- Maybe I missed it but within all the filters algorythms I did not found a clean lp/hp filter without resonance (even when the resonance setting is set to 0). That would be useful for 'cleaning a patch'.
- A delay with 'ping pong' capacity would be great too!

I understand all this is a lot to ask, and that preenfm3 is a one man when time permit project, so of cours feel free to ignore !
Thank you so much for all this work.

Musicaly
Vincent

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Preenfm3 bug report + some FR + some questions
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2023, 03:08:36 PM »
Hi,
Thanks for the feedback.
I'll have a look at the bugs for sure.
Too bad you don't have steps for the second one.
Not sure how to make the arpeggiator work with MPE. The arpeggiator is per voice. MPE is spread over N voices. Anyway i'll keep that in mind.

The Gate FX comes from the preenfm1, i hesitate several times to get rid of it. But it's still here.
Don't expect impressive things out of it. Can be fun though.
It starts "gating" above 0. 1 is the MAX. All value >1 will be considered as 1.
It's worth trying step seq modulator as input.

From you list of FR, the delay cannot be implemented for memory reason of the pfm3 hardware.

The firmware started as a one time project. But some recent great improvements (such as the reverb or the new env) have been added by Toltekradiation.
Everybody can contribute ;)

Xavier

ElVicente

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2023, 07:24:29 AM »
Thanks for the answer Xavier,

Nice to see the open source community thing giving such nice results.
I'll try to contribute with my patches and bug reports !

:)

ElVicente

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2023, 01:37:16 PM »
I have another question :

How do you make custom waveforms for the oscillators ?

Thanks

Vincent

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2023, 09:32:29 PM »
I never tried but it's one of the stick thread here :
https://ixox.fr/forum/index.php?topic=63539.0