Author Topic: Your setups  (Read 2018 times)

thejewk

• Team member
    • View Profile
Your setups
« on: July 25, 2023, 09:40:11 AM »
Hi all,

I have recently ordered a prebuilt PreenFM2 and am waiting for it to arrive.  It looks like it will be ideal for my purposes, in a small hardware setup.

I currently only have a Circuit Tracks, but I am hoping that by combining the four tracks of sampled drums and the two synth engine tracks on the Tracks with the two midi sequencing channels going out to the PreenFM2, and the outputs of the Preen coming back into the Tracks, I should be able to massively increase the tonal possibilities of my setup.  Then, towards the end of the year I plan to add one final item for more flexibility, probably a Digitakt. 

Unless I am mistaken, this should prove quite a compact and able setup, capable of connecting to a computer or other 'smart' device in several interesting ways.

How do you incorporate the PreenFM into your setup?

UltraBlack

• Team Member
    • View Profile
Re: Your setups
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2023, 03:11:02 PM »
I currently have a keystep pro sequencing my TubeOhm Jeannie and PreenFM3. I plan to get the KSoloti when it comes out, so I have access to high quality reverb and delay (the PFM has terrible delay, but pretty bonkers reverb, and my Jeannie has just all garbage FX)

I'm also hoping that I'll have enough money for a Töröö at some point. I'm lacking subtractive synth timbres. One is almost too few ._.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 02:49:43 PM by UltraBlack »

thejewk

• Team member
    • View Profile
Re: Your setups
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2023, 04:55:09 PM »
My PreenFM2 arrived today and I've spent an hour or two tinkering and familiarising myself with it.  Going to take a bit of time to get more comfortable with the interface, but on first impression it seems surprisingly agile, and I generally know where everything is without having to think too much about it already. 

Worked flawlessly first time with my Circuit Tracks thankfully.

Only issue is that my crappy USB chord from a printer decades ago does not play nicely with it, but I have a new one coming tomorrow and the power adapter the builder sent works perfectly in the meantime.  Looking forward to giving the editor a try tomorrow and loading up a few banks of patches.