Author Topic: Any hints on figuring out the fm3 sequencer?  (Read 1902 times)

Groundloop

• Team member
    • View Profile
Any hints on figuring out the fm3 sequencer?
« on: June 04, 2023, 12:35:04 AM »
Had my fm3 running for a week now and I love it. It's immediately found a permanent place in my setup.

I've learned a lot from reading through the fm2 manual and just spending time poking around, but for the life of me I cannot figure out anything to do with the sequencer. I am completely lost.

Does anyone know if there's any threads or documentation that can point me in the right direction? I'm always happy to RTFM but I can't even find a starting point.

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Any hints on figuring out the fm3 sequencer?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2023, 07:57:25 AM »
Hi,

The documentation lacs the latest features but it should be a good start:
https://github.com/Ixox/preenfm3/wiki/The-Sequencer

What is lacking is :
. You can now create new notes without external keyboard in the step sequencer. Hold down the "Note" buton and turn any encoder.
. Note and velocity modification (note also shift all note from a chords) in the step sequencer.
. Midi control

Don't hesitate if you have any question.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2023, 08:00:18 AM by Xavier »

Groundloop

• Team member
    • View Profile
Re: Any hints on figuring out the fm3 sequencer?
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2023, 10:20:07 AM »
I don't know how, but somehow I read everything on that wiki except for that page.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I'll read through and give it a shot today.

This really is a fantastic synth, it's giving me a whole new world of sounds. I've really enjoyed the FM classics but also the incredible brutal noise it can make is just fantastic. Thanks for your work