Author Topic: Suggestions and Bug reports  (Read 9470 times)

Toltekradiation

• View Profile
Re: Two suggestions, two bugs and a question
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2023, 10:11:35 AM »
I don't think so, as there was no PR for mods from p3_timefx_9.
i'm going to post the latest version in the paraphonic fx thread, so we can finalize those developments.

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2023, 06:23:21 PM »
@Xavier does this version include the optimizations from p3_timefx_9.bin ?

No only 2 modificaition i made.

i'm going to post the latest version in the paraphonic fx thread, so we can finalize those developments.

Sounds good

UltraBlack

• Team Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2023, 06:31:17 PM »
You can use MENU + Encoder in the mixer volume page to change other linked instruments at the same time.
"Linked" = output on same DAC.

That works exactly how I imagined it, thank you so much!

I also have another feature request ( ;) ):
I'd like to have more global FX available, for example a global 8 band eq would be amazing for the chill-/synthwave feel. I don't think that would use much performance

UltraBlack

• Team Member
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions and Bug reports
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2023, 05:58:11 PM »
Oh two other things I noticed just now:
1. The USB-MIDI option in the settings is ignored. UM works even if disabled
2. It would be nice if the PFM also sent all the received UM data out its corresponding MIDI port. I don't own a UM interface and was hoping I could use the PFM for that

Edit: I have also noticed some more issues:
1. The PFM crashing while accidentally turning down the voices to 0 is still a thing. I think it might be related to doing that while release is still going
2. Simultaneously playing notes over MIDI and UM causes stuck notes on the instrument voice controlled via MIDI, but the stuck notes are taken from the UM side
« Last Edit: July 30, 2023, 12:23:01 PM by UltraBlack »

UltraBlack

• Team Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2023, 11:18:02 AM »
I have just had another thought: Currently, the delay effect resides in the paraphonic FX section of each timbre. What about moving that into a global kind of effect, just like the reverb? You'd have much more memory available (six times the memory to be precise!), so the effect could sound for much longer, with less downsampling. I love the global reverb, but the delay is just too short, and too downsampled for my taste. The only thing I'd imagine using it for is slap-back delay, but that's just not what I love delay for.

Also I don't know if this is a realistic thought, considering the stage of development, but I think the effects would in general benefit of more memory, so I think it would be nice, if you were able to just disable featuresets you don't use, to make room for more effect memory. I for example don't use the scales system (or the whole SCALA menu for that matter), and now with proper DAW sequencing, I also don't need the sequencer at all. I never used the PFM as a midi CC interface, so that whole thing could also go out the window. I also don't use the User CC menu (what is that even for?).

If I had the option to disable those in favor of more performance overall, I'd do it.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 02:40:44 PM by UltraBlack »

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2023, 12:03:30 PM »
Oh two other things I noticed just now:
1. The USB-MIDI option in the settings is ignored. UM works even if disabled
2. It would be nice if the PFM also sent all the received UM data out its corresponding MIDI port. I don't own a UM interface and was hoping I could use the PFM for that

1. Needs a reboot. It should work. (Cannot confirm 100% before i'm back home)
2. I tried that already, but the problem is that the UM is much faster then Midi jack. so between UM + midi send from the controller change, that's too much to handle for the midi jack.

Edit: I have also noticed some more issues:
1. The PFM crashing while accidentally turning down the voices to 0 is still a thing. I think it might be related to doing that while release is still going
2. Simultaneously playing notes over MIDI and UM causes stuck notes on the instrument voice controlled via MIDI, but the stuck notes are taken from the UM side

1. Will take a look when i'm back. Thanks.
2. Yes i'm not surprised. That's 2 different execution threads, so result can be corrupted if a MidiUsb arrives in the middle of a MidiJack command. I think it should work if Usb and Jack midi targets different Midi channel.