PreenFM > preenfm2 and preenfm3

Operator mixer

(1/2) > >>

odayan:
Preenfm3 here. Is there any operator mixer that I dont know of? I can change the levels at the level page but single knob for all the adsr would be wonderful.

Thank you!

Xavier:

--- Quote from: odayan on August 27, 2023, 05:14:16 AM ---Preenfm3 here. Is there any operator mixer that I dont know of? I can change the levels at the level page but single knob for all the adsr would be wonderful.
Thank you!

--- End quote ---

You can hold down menu while turning encoders for enveloppe
It will change all operators of same type at the same time (carrier / modulator).
(Value will be green instead of yellow when modified to show other values are modified at the same time.)

You can also use Long press "-" to copy ADSR value, and then long press "+" to paste in an other operator.

UltraBlack:

--- Quote ---You can hold down menu while turning encoders for enveloppe
--- End quote ---

Can you please write these into a list? There's so many hidden button combinations, that make the PFM so much more usable!

odayan:
Hi Xavier,

Thank you! I already spotted that trick by pushing the buttons :)

What I was trying to say is a mixer page where you can adjust the levels of each operator whether it may be carrier or modulator. It is perfectly doable as there are 6 knobs and 6 operators (wonderful design). It would add a big flexibility to the unit and decrease the learning curve a lot... I think it is one of the most prominent features of Korg Opsix.

Is there such a feature at FM3 or something similiar not that I know of?

Xavier:
Oh OK

No there's no such page.
There's no "level operator" in the preenfm.

Modulation use MI (modulation index).
You have a page with all MI values (modulation index).
=> A same modulator operator can have to different MI to 2 different lower operator : see algo 1.
You have 3=>2 and 3=>1.

And you have a page with MIX level for carrier operator.

They're both in 2 different pages.
The number of MI and carrier op levels depends on the algo, so it's not very straightforward to have such a page.
It's not a 6 level to 6 knob simple mapping.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version