PreenFM > preenfm2 and preenfm3

How to code on preenfm3?for add this implementations…

(1/2) > >>

Agugonzalez87:
Hi!

I would love to study/learn for be able to make some changes on preenfm3,  what I need to do for  start to do it by myself ?

Anyway, I’m going to write down what I would love to see on preenfm3 like this maybe someone also can do it.

I would love to add/change a parameter on the mixer screen

For me the scale mode it’s not super useful there.
On a live situation I’m on mix screen , I would love to create a perform menu and put it where is the scale menu like this I have on a really accesible place super near to the volume menu

I would love that on the perform screen I can adjust some parameters:
-position of the filter
-be able change at least adsr of the operator (with the adsr image display)
-also quick access on this menu for change the mixer file, like this you don’t need to do menu diving for change the sounds during the performance

Also I would love to add a third fx slot
The first fx I use for give character to the sound
Also de second (this I usually don’t move during a performance,, maybe becouse it’s to much menu diving)

So would be great to have a third one for can tweak on a live performance situation. And this parameter have the possibility to change on the performance option, also would be great to have a option for can use this filter/fx like it’s in the master or like it’s on a specific sound.

Preenfm3 it’s super compact synth, ideal for live performance knobing, and I think that would be great to implement more functions that invite to use on this way

Iapetus:
I can't help with your query but you have some good ideas here that would enhance what is already a fantastic instrument. Though I wouldn't want the scale mode being too far out of reach but it's not something like you say that's needed in a performance. Good luck anyway, hope you figure this stuff out.

Toltekradiation:
How to make code change on the preenfm 3 ?

1. git clone https://github.com/Ixox/preenfm3.git
2. get stm32cubeide 1.5.1, newer version may cause troubles
available here : https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stm32cubeide.html
3. get a ST-Link V2, cheap version works well too
4. do some code
5. upload and debug from stm32cubeide
6. share worthy modifications :D

Agugonzalez87:
 Thanks!

I just check last night all the points that u told me.
Even watch some hour duration tutorials about stm33cubeide
also check the code to see if I understand something

But obviously no  :D

I have really 0,5% of knowledge about coding
I start a few months ago to learn thru YouTube tutorials about processing

So, I don’t know if it’s too much to ask. But I would love to can learn how to make modifications on preenfm3, I have a lot of ideas for improve this machine on a live set situation, (btw yesterday preenfm3 was with me for the first time on a gig and was great, but I have a lot of ideas for add to preenfm3 on a live context)

So I would love if someone can add me some links of tutorials or books, for learn how to do it, I know that can be long but I would love to learn step by step on how to make this incredible machine more incredible

So knowing that I don’t know nothing where I should start?

Toltekradiation:
if you're not very familiar with code, take your time, read a lot the code before doing anything, as one must understand the logic of the architecture before anything.

Main code is in this directory :
https://github.com/Ixox/preenfm3/tree/master/firmware/Src/synth

it contains nearly everything relative to dsp code : oscillators, envelopes, filters etc..

Things relative to display are mostly here :
https://github.com/Ixox/preenfm3/tree/master/firmware/Src/hardware

But if i understand your wish, the perf screen may be quite handy for you : it is linked to the 2 params of filter1 by default and 4 others knobs are assignable in the matrix.
And there is some room to add various screen in that performance section !
For example I can imagine a second perf page with global ADSR modification of the carriers, another one for modulators..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version