PreenFM > preenfm2 and preenfm3

Firmware Flash Help

(1/1)

Iapetus:
Sorry to trouble you with such a dull topic.

I downloaded firmware 1.00 to Mac. Connected PFM3 via usb to Mac whilst holding down Menu Key 7. So far so good. It appears to open up into the Bootloader page. In red text it states No firmware in '/' . But then what? I can't figure out how to transfer the firmware from the Mac to the installed SD card on the PFM3. I'm also not sure which file I should be trying to transfer? Is it flash_firmware.cmd or one of the .bin files?

The odd thing which may have some bearing on my difficulty is that the PFM3 never shows up as a connected device on the Mac. So it isn't like I can access the SD card that way. For the record when the PFM3 is connected to the Mac using the editor in Ableton works fine so on the face of it, everything works fine.

Anyway thanks for any help. Btw I'm currently on v0.109

Toltekradiation:
hi,
After looking at https://github.com/Ixox/preenfm3/wiki/Upgrade-firmware-(Flash-bootloader)
, it seems that documentation is not clear about SD card access mode

so, in bootloader mode, press button 3 to go in SD card Access mode
Then the preen should show up in the finder as an external drive.
The files to transfer are the .bin

Iapetus:
Excellent. That worked a breeze. Very much appreciate your help there and looking forward to exploring the added features in the latest firmware. Whilst I was at it I managed to load a whole bunch of new Scala files too ... I'm in action & off to explore! Thanks again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version