Author Topic: PC/MAC preenfm editor 3.1.4 (Preenfm2 Unison)  (Read 70664 times)

vurt

• Team Member
    • View Profile
Re: preenfm2 editor 2.11.4 - standalone/vst2/vst3/Audio unit
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2020, 02:10:44 PM »
Great, looking forward to the update  :D

Cool  :)
Version 2.11.4 is available in github release tabs :
https://github.com/Ixox/preenfm2Controller/releases

Wohoo! That was quick!

mrdrbobo

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2020, 10:53:22 PM »
Just installed firmware 2.11 and now installed editor 2.11.4 on my Windows 8.1 PC.
Editor didnt work, but after installing some MS Visual C 2010 and 2015 files (as described above) it finally worked. But the VST (preenfm2Editor_x64.dll) did not work. Any idea what's wrong? I have a custom VST folder. The last version of the editor and VST worked properly.

And one little question: is it still not possible to use one of the outputs as a mono output (because my FX pedal has only an mono input).

Thanks!

hipelcanel

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2020, 01:57:19 AM »
Hello

Need some help here : I'm having a lot of troubles with the editor ,  i'm facing some unexpected bugs,for example : changing a parameter on the editor creating random changes to another parameter like the algoritm or volume (this problem happen a lot when i change envelope settings, systematicaly going back to algo28 (¿) ??? ). Often hanging notes too , or patch that suddenly change completely, or even hardware freeze with error message,  everything together making it almost unusable except for some glitchy stuff (sometimes very nice actually : ;))

I'm running mac with yosemite on macbook ,, bought the preen pre assembled on van daal, everything is working fine except when im using the editor, i use the preen with both usb and midi , sequencing it with midi and changing parameters with usb, i tried and i had the same problem only using it with USB. I tried the Vst and standalone both buggy for me.
anyone have an idea what could be the issue?

Thanks in advance and take care !

vurt

• Team Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2020, 02:59:03 AM »
Hello

Need some help here : I'm having a lot of troubles with the editor ,  i'm facing some unexpected bugs,for example : changing a parameter on the editor creating random changes to another parameter like the algoritm or volume (this problem happen a lot when i change envelope settings, systematicaly going back to algo28 (¿) ??? ). Often hanging notes too , or patch that suddenly change completely, or even hardware freeze with error message,  everything together making it almost unusable except for some glitchy stuff (sometimes very nice actually : ;))

I'm running mac with yosemite on macbook ,, bought the preen pre assembled on van daal, everything is working fine except when im using the editor, i use the preen with both usb and midi , sequencing it with midi and changing parameters with usb, i tried and i had the same problem only using it with USB. I tried the Vst and standalone both buggy for me.
anyone have an idea what could be the issue?

Thanks in advance and take care !

Did you update the firmware? Otherwise you probably have an outdated one that doesn't work with the latest Editor.

I thought mine was updated when i got mine from Van Daal, but it was quite old. Everything was quite buggy, editor would crash etc. Took me a while to figure out what was wrong, i changed MIDI cables, USB-cables etc..

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2020, 10:59:01 AM »
Yes, double check the firmware.
Editor 2.11.* works with firmware 2.11.*. Easy  ;)

And verify your preenfm2 settings :
. Midi thru : Off
. Send : NRPN
. Receive : NRPN & CC.

Use both DIN5 and USB only if you know perfectly what you're doing.
The plugin redirects midi it receives to the preenfm2.
And the standalone allows you to select midi inputs.

Xavier

hipelcanel

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2020, 12:32:06 PM »
Hi !
Thanks for your quick reply, i currently have firmware 2.09 on the preen with editor version 2.11 that i recently update (was using editor 1.5 until recently :P) .
I'm gonna update the firmware and tell you whats up.

Thanks, and shout out Xavier for your great work and commitment !

baxgas

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2020, 06:46:40 PM »
Wow, fantastic! Usually I don't like computer editors for hardware gear, but the PreenFM2 editor really helps to have good overview, and make detailed edits more comfortable. To have better visible, meaningful names of v.2.11 filters is also a big help.
Thanks Xavier!

To have separate USB MIDI and DIN MIDI channels is also a big help, I use USB for editor and DIN for sequencing, very helpful.
Only issue I noticed is that the USB editor editing (NRPN?) messages leak through to the DIN MIDI also, so when I change some parameters the gear down the MIDI chain (in my case Shruthi) sometimes also reacts to these and have some glitches. I could solve this issue to have PreenFM2 the last in the MIDI chain, but if it is possible would be good to block this leaking, maybe to have an option in MIDI Thru settings that has this limitation option (Thru all, Thru MIDI, Thru USB) ?

quiet penguin

• Team member
    • View Profile
preenfm2 editor 2.11.4
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2020, 05:39:34 PM »
I would like to  build  the standalone version on Linux (Manjaro)

Unpacking  the source file ('https://github.com/Ixox/preenfm2Controller/archive/2.11.4.tar.gz'), entering the directory 'preenfm2Controller-2.11.4/Host/Builds/Linux/'  and running 'make' gives the following output

Code: [Select]
$ make
Compiling Enveloppe.cpp
In Datei, eingebunden von ../../../Plugin/Source/UI/Enveloppe.cpp:19:
../../JuceLibraryCode/../JuceLibraryCode/JuceHeader.h:17:10: schwerwiegender Fehler: juce_audio_basics/juce_audio_basics.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
   17 | #include <juce_audio_basics/juce_audio_basics.h>
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kompilierung beendet.
make: *** [Makefile:124: build/intermediate/Debug/Enveloppe_978f1a6b.o] Fehler 1
$

Do I need to run autoconf  first or  add options to the make command? E.g. make  CONFIG=release

A few tips on building  PreenFM2's editor on Linux would be welcome!

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2020, 08:15:50 AM »

I haven't compile the standalone version for Linux since i upgraded the Juce Library version i use. And i'm not sure the Makefile is up to date with 2.11.
You need Juce library 5.4.5 installed on your machine : https://juce.com/

You may need to update the Linux Makefile.
If so you need to compile ProJucer from the Juce Library, then in the projucer open preenfm2controller/Host/pfm2Editor.jucer, and rebuild the Project.
Then Makefile should be ready.

quiet penguin

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2020, 09:59:36 AM »

I haven't compile the standalone version for Linux since i upgraded the Juce Library version i use. And i'm not sure the Makefile is up to date with 2.11.
You need Juce library 5.4.5 installed on your machine : https://juce.com/

You may need to update the Linux Makefile.
If so you need to compile ProJucer from the Juce Library, then in the projucer open preenfm2controller/Host/pfm2Editor.jucer, and rebuild the Project.
Then Makefile should be ready.

I have hacked around in Projucer, added the library names to be parsed by pkg-config, changed the path to the juce-modules to be included, ticked that these modules should be copied into the preen2Controller project folder. A new makefile was created automatically on saving the project. Running make from /preenfm2Controller-master/Host/Builds/Linux/ created a single executable file.

Hey presto, Preenfm2Editor starts!   I just have to finish building my PreenFM2...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 03:31:59 PM by quiet penguin »

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2020, 10:31:10 PM »
I have hacked around in Projucer, added the library names to be parsed by pkg-config, changed the path to the juce-modules to be included, ticked that these modules should be copied into the preen2Controller project folder. A new makefile was created automatically on saving the project. Running make from /preenfm2Controller-master/Host/Builds/Linux/ created a single executable file.

Hey presto, Preenfm2Editor starts!   I just have to finish building my PreenFM2...

Cool ! Glad you managed to have it compiled  :)

hipelcanel

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2020, 08:12:59 PM »
Hi there

Sorry for the late feedback about updating firmware and editor.
Using Midi to sequence (with mpc1000) and USB to edit the preen.

Things got quite better since then. In a sense that it is usable.

BUT I'm still having some bugs only less dramatic, like hanging (high) notes, always the same note, i need to send a "all notes off" message quite frequently when editing to make it stop. But Everything goes back to normal after that.
Other bug is sometimes one of the instrument get muted unexpectedly and to unmute it i need to move the glide parameter of the muted voice (?) or move the voice parameter.

I put the settings on the preen like you suggest in your post, so maybe there still a midi loop somewhere but i can't really figure out where and why nor what is the remaining problem.
I´m just sending notes on and off and a clock from mpc which afaik  is a reliable midi sequencer.

Anyway still having fun ! 8)
Hope u are all fine and take care.

Baptiste

vurt

• Team Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2020, 08:32:00 PM »
Hi there

Sorry for the late feedback about updating firmware and editor.
Using Midi to sequence (with mpc1000) and USB to edit the preen.

Things got quite better since then. In a sense that it is usable.

BUT I'm still having some bugs only less dramatic, like hanging (high) notes, always the same note, i need to send a "all notes off" message quite frequently when editing to make it stop. But Everything goes back to normal after that.
Other bug is sometimes one of the instrument get muted unexpectedly and to unmute it i need to move the glide parameter of the muted voice (?) or move the voice parameter.

I put the settings on the preen like you suggest in your post, so maybe there still a midi loop somewhere but i can't really figure out where and why nor what is the remaining problem.
I´m just sending notes on and off and a clock from mpc which afaik  is a reliable midi sequencer.

Anyway still having fun ! 8)
Hope u are all fine and take care.

Baptiste

It seems to be very important to match FW and editor, otherwise notes will hang.. so the most recent beta FW you can probably not use with the editor since the editor will not reflect what's now possible in the FW.

hipelcanel

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2020, 08:43:51 PM »

[/quote]

It seems to be very important to match FW and editor, otherwise notes will hang.. so the most recent beta FW you can probably not use with the editor since the editor will not reflect what's now possible in the FW.

[/quote]

I have editor v 2.11.4 and  FW is 2.11b1    ?? do u think it´s ok ?   i did not upgrade to the very last beta FW

Yan

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2020, 10:26:57 AM »
Hi Xavier,

May I ask you a favor for the next update of the editor? You told me in an older post answer that you forgot to implement the second digit in the LFO speed (currently, LFO speed on the editor is 1.0, instead of 1.11 on the PreenFM2 screen).

But the absence of this second digit makes a huge difference while tuning the LFO speed on the editor. I'd be happy to see it implemented in 2.11.5 :)

Thanks!