Author Topic: Preen 2 Parameter Sheet  (Read 3589 times)

lloydcole

• Team member
    • View Profile
Preen 2 Parameter Sheet
« on: July 16, 2018, 07:21:09 PM »
Hello, this is my first post here. I'm new to Preen2, but not to FM synthesis.
I'm enjoying the sound and flexibility of my Preen 2, and the editing architecture is incredibly well thought out, but my brain struggles envisaging patch structure, I even struggle with 2 pages per envelope... (I am getting quite old and my memory is clearly not what it was.)
I wonder, before I set about making one, myself, if there is a printable parameter sheet(or sheets) in circulation? If so could somebody point me towards it? I think if I can write the values of the various parameters out, as I go along, I'd find it easier to edit and patches.

Yes, I am aware of the editor software. But I am trying to stay away from my computer...

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Preen 2 Parameter Sheet
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 10:02:08 AM »
Hi,

Nice to read you enjoy your preenfm2  :)
There a patch structure schema here :
http://ixox.fr/preenfm2/manual/synth-edit-mode/
(3rd image of the page : "Workflow of the PreenFM2 sound generation").

But it seems like you look for something more detailed than this.

Don't forget to share if you make one yourself,
Thanks,

Xavier

opus.quatre

• Team Member
    • View Profile
Re: Preen 2 Parameter Sheet
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 02:29:39 PM »
Hello there..
Yes, I guess that what Lloyd Cole is looking for is a printable table with all parameters written, and a blank box close to each parameter, when he could write their value..
Like those 1980s sheets of paper we used for the DX7, we could find an empty one at the end of the user's manual..
Remember "Guitare & Claviers ?" They were publishing 10 DX7 presets, plus a few ESQ'1 and, I think, Juno2 presets, per months..

PreenFM2 is much more complex than the DX7.. More parameters, but also, the matrix.. And is not a definitely finished engine, can still evolve.. That would make such a sheet soon obsolete..
But sure useful in any cases,  when you are programming presets..

Have a nice time..
Thierry