PreenFM > preenfm2 and preenfm3

PreenFM mk2 : Continuing the discussion from the Mutable Instruments forum

(1/12) > >>

randy:
Not sure how many people here are also Shruthi alumni but there has been an ongoing discussion on the MI forum regarding Xavier's great little PreenFM synth.  The last reply from Xavier was:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a big thread… there’s more discussion here about the Preen than on its own forum ;-)

I don’t have any secrets, so here is the status.
I stopped packaging PreenFM kits because it takes me too much time beside my 3 kids and my full time job.
I shipped around 90 kits and 30 PCBs and am very happy that most people like it and find it usefull.

I don’t have anymore PCB and i’m not sure it’s worth it to order an other batch… Have to order many to have a decent price.
But anyone can do it.. gerber files are online.
You can also take the Kicad source and improve the routing.

But right, like many of you i’m DIY addicted, i cannot stop and I’m working slowly on a PreenFM mk2…
Don’t expect anything before mid 2013. I said slowly ;-)
I’m using a new board (cortex-m4 based) and don’t use any more the libmaple library… so that’s a lot of work.

Please if you have any questions, you can do it on http://forum.preenfm.net

Thanks for the interest,

Xavier

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I originally started the thread, I was looking for some opinions on the PreenFM from the MI bunch, and the thread has morphed into all sorts of technical discussions.  I have since bought a PreenFM kit and have been using it for the past month or so, it's great!  So, I figured I'd try and get the discussion moving over here.

Randy

Fitvideo:
I am looking forward to building mine, and dipping into and possibly contributing to the forum here.
regards

funkyfli:
Oh...  Can't wait!
Will this newer chip give you room to implement some anti-aliasing?

I would love to see phase distortion in a diy synth.  At least one where you could edit the phase 'envelope' of the sine wave and create your own oscillator shapes.  Of course, this wouldn't be FM anymore.  ;D

Martin.

Xavier:

I'm not sure it will have any kind of anti-aliasing... i've never really worked on this problem.

Does any-one find the volume knob usefull ?
I'm thinking of getting rid of it and adding a 8th push button.

funkyfli:
I've used the volume knob.  Most of the time it is at maximum.  I won't miss it.   :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version