PreenFM > preenfm2 and preenfm3

PreenFM mk2 : Continuing the discussion from the Mutable Instruments forum

<< < (3/12) > >>

Fitvideo:
As i have not built the PreenFM yet i can only say I would find it useful rather than diving to the mixer all the time.
That's two
cheers

shiftr:
I think a volume knob is very welcome function on any instrument... I really miss them on the shruthi's. It's also nice to be able to fade in/out instruments while playing and not having to go through the mixer.... And even more so using them connected to multichannel digital audiointerfaces wich often don't have a dedicated gain knob for every input and having to go to a software mixer.
What are your plans for the mkII? stereo is great! ... you should have a look at the DX7II ... i've owned one and it is veyr very fat...
things like layering 2 patches or all voices unisono with detune.
Also having played  a bit with the PreenFM i hope you can make the preenFMmkII sound a little bit more warm... The DX's are also really good at warm sounds and getting evil metalic sounds is always easy with FM. The preenFM now is especialy good at sounding evil but it;s hard getting more warm and soft sounding patches... I don't know why this is .... Maybe because it's working in integer? Are you making the preenFMmkII work with floats?

Xavier:

Thanks for letting me know the volume button is usefull.

Moving to float is one of the goal... as the cortex-m4 MCU can do that.
Dont know exactly what the consequences will be on the sound. I haven't ported the engine yet.

ByteFrenzy:
Personally I wouldn't really miss the volume control all that much. I run alll my synths into a DAW and I can control all volumes from there. And if you really need a simple way of controlling volume without a mixer live, I would probably run it through a volume pedal. Would it be an option to control volume with a cc ? Then you could just assign some buttons from your controller to volume up/down and maybe even some volume presets.

Fitvideo:
 the one thing missing on Olivier's Shruthi is a volume control, it is way too loud , Inearly killed 10 people at a Leeds UK meet with it. ;-) Made a few heads turn. A volume control on any device is there so you know what likely level is coming out before it hits a mixer/daw. I don't use a DAW on stage either, but cc vol change is worthwhile to integrate with my foot controllers. good idea.

cheers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version