PreenFM > preenfm2 and preenfm3

Volume mixer

<< < (3/3)

Xavier:
Hi,

Did any try to use the performance page for that ?

In the matrix of each instrument you can try :
p1 -> 1.0 -> Mix*
p2 -> 1.0 -> Pan*

So when in the performance page, (part 5 here http://ixox.fr/preenfm2/manual/synth-edit-mode/ ) you can navigate through instrumuent by presing INST button and you always have the encoder 1 for the volume and encoder 2 for the pan.

Xavier

mzero:
The performance mapping thing is a work around... but you lose 1 or 2 performance parameters when you do that, and you don't have a quick and easy way to balance the parts.

I'm running the PreenFM2 live where MIDI sequencers and loopers are feeding the four instruments. As I'm playing, being able to quickly adjust the mix between the parts is important.

My set up using an external MIDI controller with eight encoders: The left four encoders are always the volume of the four PreenFM2 instruments (currently using the Filter Gain CC). The right four encoders are the four performance parameters, and there are four bank select switches to select which PreenFM2 instrument it controls.  This lets me tweak the performance parameters of an instrument as it is playing, and if that changes the volume significantly (they often do), I can quickly adjust the mix between the other instruments.

I should probably make a video fo this....

joradsilver:

--- Quote from: Xavier on March 03, 2018, 08:16:25 AM ---Hi,

Did any try to use the performance page for that ?

In the matrix of each instrument you can try :
p1 -> 1.0 -> Mix*
p2 -> 1.0 -> Pan*

So when in the performance page, (part 5 here http://ixox.fr/preenfm2/manual/synth-edit-mode/ ) you can navigate through instrumuent by presing INST button and you always have the encoder 1 for the volume and encoder 2 for the pan.

Xavier

--- End quote ---

It's pretty clunky to cycle through the instruments when trying to mix levels on the fly. It'd be great if there was just a simple way to have a performance mode across the instruments so the Mix* levels for all 4 instruments were on one page. This would solve most of my issue. Really just need a way to have a simple mixer interface when using multiple instruments.

Thanks for all your work with this Xavier ! Love the box !

sub_set:
Sorry for bringing this older thread back, but I think it is related to a feature request I would like to make.

Xavier, is there a possibility of implementing the MIDI CC7 volume control standard?

I run a Cirklon which allows me to set volume levels for any attached gear that recognizes the CC7 standard, using the Cirklon as a virtual mixer with some automation abilities.

Xavier:
Yes it's currently map on CC73.
I can include that in next release that makes sens.

In the meantime a hack is super easy if you can compile the firmware :

add

--- Code: ---        case 7:
--- End code ---
just above or just bellow

--- Code: ---        case CC_FILTER_GAIN:
--- End code ---

Here :
https://github.com/Ixox/preenfm2/blob/master/src/midi/MidiDecoder.cpp#L484?ts=4
Sending CC7 from 0 to 127 will set the gain from 0 to 1.27 in the filter gain parameter.

Keep in mind that's digital mixing so lower volume means lower bits resolution.

Xavier

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version