Author Topic: Display doesnt work  (Read 6246 times)

TTS

• Team member
    • View Profile
Display doesnt work
« on: January 07, 2014, 11:29:53 AM »
Hello,

I'm not very experienced with DIY kits, but I've built two (Bleep Drum and Sonic Potions LXR)

I just finished a PreenFM Kit. It runs the latest firmware and it does produce sounds. But the display shows nothing…

The display lights up, but I do not get the menu view or something – it stays black (with backlight).

I made a mistake soldering the header for the display to the PCB – I soldered it to the wrong side  :-\ . Unsoldering was a pain and I assume that I might have damaged some of the PCB soldering connections.

Now I'd like to try to wire and solder the header directly to the connected pard on the PCB. But I can't tell, where some of the connections are leading to. Unfortunately, as I had to destroy the female headers when unsoldering, I soldered the display to the PCB directly. So I cannot look below the display now. (That was a bad idea, I know…)

#2 – #6 and #11 – #12 are easy as I can see the connection.

Can you please clarify where the other connections lead to?

Thank you in advance,

TTS

PS: The schematics are in PS format only – I cannot convert them to a readable format. I only get a small cropped view of one corner of the schematics. So maybe providing the schematics in PDF would help, too.

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Display doesnt work
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 11:44:19 AM »
Aouch...  :(

Here is a LCD wiring schema.

green = GND
red = 5V
dark grey/blue = variable resistor output, LCD contrast

I think what you think is #12 is actually #13.

Xavier
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 11:56:20 AM by Xavier »

TTS

• Team member
    • View Profile
Re: Display doesnt work
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 12:57:16 PM »
Thank you! That will help!