Author Topic: waveforms  (Read 13839 times)

pld

• Team member
    • View Profile
Re: waveforms
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2014, 08:03:35 AM »
Same here.
overclocked, no waveforms in CCM. no filter. Algo 27 and 28. held down 2 keys.
I did not notice any glitches either.
Great. I'll try and get some better measurements at some point to see how close to the limit we are.

I started adding my own wave and got this when I compiled. Any ideas?
src/synth/Osc.cpp:108:1: error: too many initializers for 'WaveTable [8]'
You'll need to adjust #define NUMBER_OF_WAVETABLES in Common.h to 9.
Then add the type to enum OscShape in SynthState.h (before _LAST) and the name to the oscShapeNames list in SynthState.cpp:189 and you should be good to go.

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2014, 11:36:26 AM »

What you can do is leaving the existing waveforms in CCM and adding your new one in regular RAM.
Not to run out of regular ram.

matrix12x

• Team Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2014, 03:51:04 AM »
Awesome!! got it working. added the new waveform.
heads up, on my mac, when I went to add the name to the oscShapeNames list in SynthState.cpp:189, my text editor kept on changing the character used for " and it would not compile. it took me a while to figure that  the character was being changed.

So basically what I did was sample a waveform I liked to use as raw material on audacity. Trimmed it to one cycle. Made it mono. used sample data export. I made sure that the single cycle was 1024 samples based on the sample rate and the frequency/pitch of the sound. Then I added a space and commas after every single entry using Excel.

Then I added this data to the waveforms.c. I then changed #define NUMBER_OF_WAVETABLES in Common.h to 9.

The I edited waveforms.java. Then added the type to enum OscShape in SynthState.h (before _LAST) and the name to the oscShapeNames list in SynthState.cpp:189.

I compiled. . . and yay!! lots of fun.

pld

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2014, 08:49:44 AM »
Great!
I wouldn't have thought to use Excel to convert data :D

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2014, 09:51:01 PM »
and yay!! lots of fun.

I like this last line  :D

lokki

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2018, 05:58:28 PM »
old thread i know...

so is the procedure the same with the newer firmware (i want to try to add more than 6 new waves)? do i add to waves.c?
waves2.c is not needed, right? i can compile the firmware even if i rename/move this file. also no need to edit waveform.java, right?

thanks.

EDIT: nevermind i figured it out. but i overflowed ram by adding all the tables i wanted :-) hehe.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 09:58:28 PM by lokki »