Author Topic: My Hacks...  (Read 6217 times)

funkyfli

• Team Member
    • View Profile
My Hacks...
« on: January 06, 2015, 06:40:55 PM »
https://github.com/mjburchjs/preenFM2

The idea was to add Free Env 2 as an oscillator source for an easy way to get a triangle wave.  The oscillator starts and ends at -1.  The total length of the wave is 2.56 and the sample array is 1024.  If the 3 stages are less than 2.56 then a flat top is added.  If the stages are over 2.56 then stages get chopped.

While I was at it, I also added Free Env 1.  The envelope is positive and rotated 180 degrees for the negative half.  I added the 2 step sequences as oscillators.  At 128 samples they are pretty lofi.  I'm not sure how useful they are but they are there.  :)

Lastly, I added a wave folder to the FX section.  Probably, only useful in mono sounds.

As the envelope / step seq stages are only set by the encoders except the 'silence', I thought this would be a cool way to get a changeable triangle type oscillator.  Though, I might try to add Free Env 2 attack and decay destinations to see if I really can break something. :)

Martin.

[attachment deleted by admin]

martindunne

• Team Member
    • View Profile
Re: My Hacks...
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 08:44:08 PM »
cheers will try it out tonight :)

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 10:47:08 PM »
Oh yeah  :)
Very good idea to use the modulators as oscillator.
Congrats to dig in the code... I knew your sound design skills but didn't know you were a developer.  8)

I cannot try it tonight...
What is a wave folder FX ?

Xavier

matrix12x

• Team Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 01:21:03 AM »
funkyfli awesome idea for using the envelopes as oscillators! I like the idea of doing a wave folder FX.

funkyfli

• Team Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 02:31:21 AM »
 :)  A wave folder, instead of clipping the wave at a limit, folds it back on its self.  The one I wrote amplifies around zero and folds back at -1, 1 and 0. So the positive and negative parts stay on their respective sides.  Fun for simpler patches...

Enjoy... hopefully :)

teevee

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 08:55:23 AM »
https://github.com/mjburchjs/preenFM2

The idea was to add Free Env 2 as an oscillator source for an easy way to get a triangle wave.  The oscillator starts and ends at -1.  The total length of the wave is 2.56 and the sample array is 1024.  If the 3 stages are less than 2.56 then a flat top is added.  If the stages are over 2.56 then stages get chopped.

While I was at it, I also added Free Env 1.  The envelope is positive and rotated 180 degrees for the negative half.  I added the 2 step sequences as oscillators.  At 128 samples they are pretty lofi.  I'm not sure how useful they are but they are there.  :)

Lastly, I added a wave folder to the FX section.  Probably, only useful in mono sounds.

As the envelope / step seq stages are only set by the encoders except the 'silence', I thought this would be a cool way to get a changeable triangle type oscillator.  Though, I might try to add Free Env 2 attack and decay destinations to see if I really can break something. :)

Martin.

Thats interesting, thanks for sharing the info! :)