Author Topic: PREENFM2 + ARTURIA KEYSTEP MIDI CONTROLLER  (Read 3327 times)

Brockstar

• Team member
    • View Profile
PREENFM2 + ARTURIA KEYSTEP MIDI CONTROLLER
« on: November 17, 2019, 07:30:44 PM »
Hello everyone, I'm new here. Just got my already assembled preenfm2 off someone on reverb and arrived yesterday and loving it but I noticed something. When I play something it sounds fine with my keystep controller but then when I click the record button on the controller and go to play again the sound changes? I'm not sure why? I don't think it's my controller as my other synths are fine when using it. Has anyone noticed this? I'm on 2.09 firmware for the preenfm2 and will be updating to the new 2.10 soon.

https://i.ibb.co/VpNvjsj/FC3-BDF7-F-5905-4-B59-B431-AED41-C86-FA41.jpg

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: PREENFM2 + ARTURIA KEYSTEP MIDI CONTROLLER
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 08:47:40 PM »

Hello,

What do you mean by the "sound changes" ? Does the preset name change ?
Maybe the Keystep sends some program change controls ? You can try to set "Program Ch." to "No" in the "Tools>Set" Menu

Brockstar

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 09:41:24 PM »

Hello,

What do you mean by the "sound changes" ? Does the preset name change ?
Maybe the Keystep sends some program change controls ? You can try to set "Program Ch." to "No" in the "Tools>Set" Menu

It's set to NO, and I found out what it's doing, when I click the record button on the keystep the "Freq" parameter jumps from 0.00 to 10.5 for some odd reason and it changes the tone of the preset. I don't know why?

Brockstar

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2019, 10:27:51 PM »
So I went in and messed with settings little more and changed the CC to NO/off or whatever and now it's not doing it, so I guess I fixed it haha.