Author Topic: About Save Functions  (Read 3509 times)

Iapetus

• Team member
    • View Profile
About Save Functions
« on: November 20, 2021, 12:00:20 PM »
Still familiarising myself with the menu system on the PreenFM3. For the most part - sound design and layering, mixing etc - it's quite straight forward and intuitive. I think it's a real nice system to get around. The only thing I'm not clear on is the Save functions in the Menu.

I've yet to try these thoroughly. I couldn't figure out yesterday how to create a new Bank or name a Preset. No doubt I'll resolve that issue by the end of the day.

Still, am I correct in understanding that

MIX saves all 6 Presets with everything that is allocated to that mix eg. pan, volume, reverb levels, assigned midi channels etc etc?

PRESET saves the actual edited sound design (making it available to load into one of the 6 slots in the mix section)

SEQUENCER saves a sequence (presumably)

I am also wondering...

- if a Mix contained a Preset, or sound that has been edited but not saved as a new Preset will the saved mix reload the Mix as it was saved or will it load the pre-edited Preset/sound?

No doubt I'll resolve some of these questions over the next day or so as I test out and explore the device but it would be nice to hear from others.

Are there any shortcuts or combination button actions that I should be aware of - the less obvious stuff.

Thanks

Iapetus

• Team member
    • View Profile
Re: About Save Functions
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2021, 11:40:31 AM »
Following on my previous post ... why not?

I really struggled to get the Save function working. This I realised was the limitation of a thread bare manual and lack of tutorial material to dive into. Figuring that whilst the interface may differ slightly, in essence PFM3 is PFM2 I started to read the (more in depth) PFM2 manual. That resolved the issue - first you create Banks to store presets, Banks to store Mixes. Once I had that figured I was able to create and save.

My next matter is getting Scala scales loaded. I haven't tried this yet and there's no urgency yet.

I'm just super impressed with the design of the PFM3, it's just so good, so full and rich. I can't find anything I don't like - I think Xavier has created a classic synth to rival all the big names. Amazing.

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2021, 09:08:04 AM »

I'm glad to read you had it working.
Yeah, I know a manual is missing.
That makes a difference between the big names and the preenfm3  ;)

Thanks for the nice works  :)

Iapetus

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2021, 01:14:20 AM »
Hey I'll take your PFM without a full manual any day. To be honest unless there are hidden features or button combo's that I don't know then I'd say for the most part it's pretty intuitive and logical getting around the interface and menu's of the PFM3. Unlike an Elektron for example, which really takes many months to get familiar with.