Author Topic: Question about parts order for fm3 build from a new member  (Read 2039 times)

Groundloop

• Team member
    • View Profile
Hi all,
I'm new to the forum so apologies if this is a question that's been asked before and I've missed it.
I'm going to be building an FM3, I've ordered the 2.x PCBs and faceplate from Xavier, a 3d printed case from a guy on fiverr and a screen from AliExpress. I'm just putting together my mouser cart for everything else and just wanted to check- do the PCBs and faceplate include all the headers and standoffs needed for the build?
My mouser cart right now has the audio and DC jacks, usb connector, midi dins, buttons and caps, encoders and knobs. Mouser's delivery fees can make a missing header a very expensive item so just thought I'd double check on here, hope that's ok.
Thanks for your time

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Question about parts order for fm3 build from a new member
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2023, 11:32:35 PM »

Hi,

With PCB+topsurface order you'll get spacers, screws and headers that are needed for the build.
Yeah, for a single header Mouser is not the cheapest way from Europe.
To make it short you need up to line 20
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xt8gQqbJvMSSZ3lOPazCrE3Qu6qT4qbJweNDEm-yr78/edit#gid=1194200605

Xavier

Groundloop

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2023, 12:11:11 AM »
Thanks for confirming, I thought that was the case but just thought I'd double check.

I'm planning on making a walkthrough build video for YouTube for this DIY version as I've not made a video in a while and I thought it might be helpful for others. I'll post it here when done, hopefully you can let me know what you think of it.

Thanks again

Lcerutti

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2023, 07:33:58 AM »
Looking forward to watching it! I’m planning to DIY my second unit :)