Author Topic: questions and ideas  (Read 1874 times)

Agugonzalez87

• Team member
    • View Profile
questions and ideas
« on: August 27, 2023, 03:21:22 PM »
Hello, I just received my preenfm3 a week ago

I’m really in love , I still having some doubts but I see all the potential that have the machine  :)

•My first question it’s about software and programming. I don’t know nothing about programming (just do a course of a few hours of Processing, but if I want to add something to the software , what should I learn? I guess i would need a few months but I would love to know a place for start for be able to add things that I imagine on the future

•I would love to know where I can see all the abbreviations on the lfo and matrix and effects. Would be great

Maybe some of this points are totally not possible but I would love to ask anyway
•it’s possible to see a visual eq (like the image of fabfilter or the regular eq from ableton)

•I’m trying to learn more of fm synthesis, and I try to follow Yamaha dx tutorials or ableton operator, on preenfm3 but I don’t find where is some parameters , for example the output level of the operator and carriers where are? Is it the attack level? If anybody knows would be great for follow the tutorials :)

•I know on Yamaha dx7 if you re trigger the key u heard the effect of the new configuration. On analog synthesizers if you tweak the new configuration you heard how it’s changing (this let to create interesting variations) so I’m wondering if this possibility exist or it’s not able like the Yamaha dx7

•lfo shaper it’s possible to have and lfo that start when the note it’s trigger and can adjust the shape like it’s and adsr? On ableton it’s a function call it “shaper” that do what I say

•I use a MacBook for the software of the preenfm3 on the computer, but sometimes 8/9 freezes and the machine (preenfm3) stop to sound. So I need to restart the device and not use the program