Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
PreenFM2 / Re: 2.12 Beta 1
« Last post by Toltekradiation on Today at 05:11:14 PM »
i found another bug :
only with algo 28, when env loop is activated on Op6, notes are no longer started...
PreenFM2 / Re: 2.12 Beta 1
« Last post by baxgas on Today at 12:26:46 PM »
Wow, this sounds great! Thank you for improving the PreenFM2!
Will flash it now and play around. The added Dst2 in the Matrix is an immediate big-like!
PreenFM2 / Re: Feature request: init patch
« Last post by Xavier on Today at 08:02:45 AM »

Yes good idea, but I don't know how to add that in the menu.

Workaround :
What you can do is to create a bank ("A_Init") with first letters so that it shows first in the bank list.
Then in this bank a "Init" preset where you put the one you want as Init.
You can then find it and load it easily.
PreenFM2 / Re: eurorack 2.11 cv to instrument new mode
« Last post by served on Today at 07:44:54 AM »
You can select the Unipolar or Bipolar CV with jumpers behind the PreenFM PCB.
They are marked.
-5Vto+5 or 0to+10
PreenFM2 / Re: USB noise - cheap solution!
« Last post by served on Today at 07:20:10 AM »

JMP2 doesnt remove the Ground issue. It only removes the USB +5V noise.
You might have a noisy ground.
Or you might have noisy PSU.

In my setup. If I connect USB to PC and Use External power. I get noise because my ground is not correct.
Mixer has lifted ground. So all the grounding goes through the PC USB cable. That creates a Ground loop.
PreenFM2 / Re: Feature request: init patch
« Last post by solipsvs on Today at 03:13:09 AM »
i like this idea.  im not aware of a function like this. 

have you seen the randomization function?  its amazing
PreenFM2 / Feature request: init patch
« Last post by hoprocker on May 31, 2020, 08:28:17 PM »
First off, I love the PreenFM2. It is an incredibly versatile instrument, has a really clean interface for its size (once you learn it), and given all of the work that Xavier continues to put into, form factor, USB capability, etc...amazing. I'm putting together a set of patches that I hope to post here sometime soon.

One thing that I'd love for developing patches is just a basic "init patch" setting in the menu somewhere, similar to how "Rand" works but with everything zeroed out, ie:

- algo: 1
- operators: just op 1 as a sine wave, others are None
- all of the modulation matrices turned to 0
- IM settings are normalized (to 1.0 I think)
- etc

Does this already exist? I haven't found it in the settings or manual. I know it sounds boring, but I think that it'd be a nice compliment to the Rand setting.

Thank you again for an amazing instrument!
PreenFM2 / Re: 2.12 Beta 1
« Last post by Toltekradiation on May 29, 2020, 09:54:29 PM »
ok, the fix was close to previous one :)
here is the commit :
PreenFM2 / Re: USB noise - cheap solution!
« Last post by hipelcanel on May 29, 2020, 05:52:17 PM »
Hi just to report that removing Jmp2 did not work for me..

When i removed it,  it made a pretty nasty and loud peak around 10k.
unit is van daal build

any idea why ?
PreenFM2 / Re: Exponential Envelope Option?
« Last post by Naive Teen Idol on May 28, 2020, 11:38:07 PM »
Thanks to you both. I am hesitant to even mention this because I hate when people compare the DX7 to the Preen. But here is an example of my Preen playing a single operator at the fastest attack and the DX7 (please ignore the hiss from the Preen -- this was a quick example so I didn't plug in directly to my output ... also, this is from Dexed, a DX7 emulator, but this is consistent w my experience with the actual hardware as well):

There is a bright "clickiness" to every note on the DX that is not present on the Preen. You can even get it when you turn all the EG levels on a DX to 0 but leave the attack EG level at 99. A lot of the time, sound designers will add a little attack time to get rid of the sound where it's not appropriate -- but percussion sounds often utilize it to their advantage.

Again, I hate to mention this because I think people spend too much time comparing the two synths and the Preen is wonderful and a million times more flexible. And I'm not sure exactly what is in the DX7 code that accounts for it -- a little research suggests that Yamaha "faked" an exponential shape. But regardless, this would be a great feature to have given how full-bodied this synthesizer already sounds.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10