Author Topic: PC/Mac Editor version 2.00 (OLD THREAD NEWER EDITOR AVAILABLE)  (Read 63838 times)

funkyfli

• Team Member
    • View Profile
Re: preenfm2 Editor: 0.7 (osx/win win32/x64 standalone/VST)
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2014, 04:21:33 AM »
Well, after 2 days of using the stand-alone, I can report no crashes.  Thanks!  :)

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2014, 09:32:16 AM »

Good news  :)
You're welcome, thank you for all your feedbacks.

funkyfli

• Team Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2014, 02:54:05 AM »
I got this message today when trying to save a sound (and it failed)...    I thought it was appropriately alien-like ;D

Martin

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2014, 09:41:31 AM »

Ouch....  :o
Did the preset have a long name ? more than 13 chars ?

You seem to use a lot the save state feature.
Would'nt it easier to save directly on the preenfm ? and use PULL in the editor if when you want to edit it ?

funkyfli

• Team Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2014, 08:11:28 PM »
The preset didn't have more than 13 characters.  It did save on the second attempt so it wasn't an issue just more of an intriguing message.  :)

The save state is a useful feature to me as I can save the patches separate from the preenfm as not all of them get used.  It also makes it easy to organize and move them around.

As well, the preenfm MIDI out port isn't working at the moment.   :(

clément

• Team Member
    • View Profile
    • http://clementmarion.be
« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2014, 04:16:39 PM »
Hello hello,

A friend I built a PreenFm2 for asked if the program was 10.6.8 compatible? I'm using 10.7.5 with no problems, but he couldn't run it on Snow Leopard. Just to be sure that we didn't do something wrong.

Thanks!

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2014, 06:50:28 PM »
Yes, someone already reported me it does not work with 10.6 OSX.

I'm not an OSX expert and i don't know if it's only a problem of build target or if it's more complicated to have it work on 10.6.
I'll have a look when i have time. Or if someone want to give a try, the sources are available  ;)

Xavier

clément

• Team Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2014, 10:04:45 AM »
Unfortunately I can not help at all with this (unless I learn everything from zero).
Don't worry about it too much, we just wanted to be sure so we stop trying  :D

Nystagmus

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2015, 11:00:15 PM »
Do you know how to:

Use the standalone app at the same time as Ableton Live for programming the synth, using a virtual midi port software
or
Use the vst in Live using some kind of wrapper

Or is the the only solution to use another VST host and rewire it to Live?

clément

• Team Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2015, 06:15:50 PM »
You can use the standalone app at the same time as you are running Ableton.
I don't understand why would you use a virtual midi port? Ableton and the standalone app don't need to communicate with each other.

About the VST, Ableton can not output (or not exactly from a plug in like this) NRPNs, so I don't know what you mean by wrapper but the problem is really within Live. You can open the PreenFM VST but the messages won't get through.
I started to work on a M4L editor for all the parameters, as you can play a bit around and manage to send NRPNs that way, but I haven't been working on it for a while and I'm so pissed at Ableton lately for all those simple issues that I'm starting to look a bit around for something else...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 06:18:47 PM by clément »

Nystagmus

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2015, 11:09:24 PM »
I don't understand why would you use a virtual midi port? Ableton and the standalone app don't need to communicate with each other.
I couldn't get any sound from the synth using Ableton and the editor simultaneously. BUT.. I just realized that it works if I setup the editor to use the midi ports of my soundcard instead of the PreenFM i/o, if I disable the midi ports of my soundcard in Ableton. I couldn't get it to work the other way around though, oddly enough.

I don't know what you mean by wrapper but the problem is really within Live. You can open the PreenFM VST but the messages won't get through.
I started to work on a M4L editor for all the parameters, as you can play a bit around and manage to send NRPNs that way, but I haven't been working on it for a while and I'm so pissed at Ableton lately for all those simple issues that I'm starting to look a bit around for something else...
Yeah, I know about the NRPN issue. It's really weird that Ableton hasn't added support for it yet. But they don't really seem to listen to requests or even bugreprts, f.i. their own Push contrtoller have created stuck notes on external hardware since the release.  By wrapper I meant something like jBridge, which "aims to make it possible to run 32bit plugins in 64bit hosts, 64bit plugins in 32bit hosts, or even bridging 32bit plugins to 32bit hosts, allowing to overcome the memory limitations of a single 32bit process, in this last case."  Btw, thanks a lot for your efforts with the Max plugin so far, I really appreciate your work.

Edit: Push / pull stops working after a while. (Win 8.1 64, PreemFm2 connected via midi.)

« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 11:55:52 PM by Nystagmus »

clément

• Team Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2015, 11:30:38 AM »
Ok, I don't recall having this issue using the editor + Ableton at the same time (I'm using real MIDI cables, not the MIDI-through-USB, on a Mac computer).

About the Push / Pull stopping working after a while I get the same thing. I didn't report it anywhere because I didn't study yet when it happens. For a moment I thought it was only using the MIDI-through-USB, then I thought it was only when using the editor, but I think I got the issue also here and there, as if sometimes the MIDI input of the synth freezes and you have to reboot. But as I said it deserves in depth observations of the issue.

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: PC/Mac Editor version 2.00
« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2015, 06:43:21 PM »

New version 2.0 to edit the new feature of the firmware 2.0.
. Midi note scaling
. LFO phase
. Note1 & 2 in matrix target.

Scala scale feature is not part of the preset, so not editable with the editor.

Let me know if you try it,
Best,

Xavier

DubplateDerek

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2015, 01:41:37 PM »
I got this working in standalone mode last night, but it does not appear in Cubase.  I am guessing it should appear in the list of VST instruments?  Or should it be in the list of VST effects?

I am running Cubase 7.07 in 64bit on Windows 7.

I also struggled a bit to get the standalone mode working at the same time as Cubase.  I managed to get the Preen controlled over USB from the editor, but then couldn't send MIDI note triggers to the unit via normal MIDI cable.  I will check again tonight exactly what happens cos it was pretty late last night by the time I got the editor up and running.  Maybe it'll be clearer second time round.

What is the function of selecting an audio device in the editor?  I can't control the Preen via MIDI or the editor unless I select a valid audio device, but I just want to get audio from the Preen analogue outputs.  Why must I choose an audio device in the Preen editor config to do this?

Cheers

DubplateDerek

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2015, 08:33:51 PM »
Hi Xavier,

Any idea about my questions?

Cheers