Author Topic: [Fixed] PreenFM2 new build no power  (Read 3072 times)

mckruithuijb

• Team member
    • View Profile
[Fixed] PreenFM2 new build no power
« on: June 17, 2021, 03:47:42 PM »
Hi everyone,

I recently obtained a PreenFM2 kit from Van Daal Elektronics and I put it together a few days ago. I have been facing some troubles into getting it to work properly... When powered from USB everything seems to work, I flashed the bootloader and the latest firmware no problem, the sound however is very noisy so I wanted to try disabling power over usb and use a power plug. When I plug the power in nothing happens, I moved the jumper from the usb power to the main power but there is no life in the machine. Photo's of my board can be seen here https://photos.app.goo.gl/9NciNSUz4JGhLsAS9 (I have moved the jumper from usb to power) . Any idea what might be wrong or what I can test?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2021, 07:12:42 PM by Xavier »

mckruithuijb

• Team member
    • View Profile
Re: PreenFM2 new build no power
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2021, 04:35:32 PM »
So the power option seems to be fixed, had to solder one of the links of the power jumper, however the noise is still there, it seems I have the same problems as described here: http://ixox.fr/forum/index.php?topic=69840.0...

mckruithuijb

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2021, 04:18:26 PM »
After some adventures I finally have a working PreenFM2 and I am loving it!!! Thank you Xavier for making this device a possibility! After resoldering most of the connections the PreenFM seemed to work without any noise. Unfortunately after reinstalling it into the metal case I probably broke something (I think I pushed to hard on the encoder caps), some of the noise was back and after I turned it off and on, there was no sound anymore... I decided to order a new board and encoders and after a much more careful soldering experience it works right away!!!  :)

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2021, 07:12:32 PM »
Thanks for the update and nice words :)
I'm glad you have it working with your second attemps !