Author Topic: Released an EP featuring a bunch of PreenFM2  (Read 1120 times)

thejewk

• Team member
    • View Profile
Released an EP featuring a bunch of PreenFM2
« on: February 20, 2024, 07:44:12 PM »
https://braneunderscore.bandcamp.com/album/1

Got my PreenFM2 last year and I've been putting it to good use.  Here's my minimal techno EP where it's used on every track to some extent.

Toltekradiation

• View Profile
Re: Released an EP featuring a bunch of PreenFM2
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2024, 06:28:37 PM »
cool, thanks for posting !

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2024, 05:05:54 PM »
Yes !! Nice ! thanks for sharing.  8)

ericd

• Team Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2024, 11:19:50 AM »
I like this alot, listened on my train commute this morning. That disciplined use of a well-defined sound palette really appeals to me. Nice work!

thejewk

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2024, 10:01:27 AM »
Thanks all.  The Preen2 really fits into the way I work now, whether playing live (at home live, not out and about live) or making tracks.  I devote four midi channels on my Digitakt to sequencing it, and On the first channel I set up the CC to manage combo changes.  On my live templates I set up a combo per 'pattern' and set the macro knobs on the Digitakt to control the performance knobs on the Preen so I can parameter lock them if I want to.

I've also recently added an Elektron Analog Keys to my setup so I can run the Preen through it, giving me a Chorus, Reverb and Delay as well as a nice aftertouch keyboard.  When I was routing it through my Digitakt I was limited to receiving only a mono channel in my DAW over Overbridge.  Now with a little setup I can receive my 4 mono tracks from the Analog Keys as separate outs to my DAW without effects, and I can have the master out devoted only to a stereo signal of the Preen effected by the Keys' effect and filters.

thejewk

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2024, 03:56:38 PM »
https://soundcloud.com/thejewk/20240327-drone-1?si=2f8e433ed1504dfc8904a23d8312cbc4&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

Here's a noise/drone piece I made today, running one of my favourite PreenFM2 patches through the FX track of my Analog Keys, modulating the performance controls via CC.