Author Topic: [fixed in 2.10] creating and saving combos  (Read 7550 times)

Kentucky

• Team member
    • View Profile
[fixed in 2.10] creating and saving combos
« on: June 04, 2014, 02:50:04 PM »
Hi,

I don't understand how to save combos ; i can save presets / patches easily (save > bank > preset > Done) but when i do the same with combos i only see "empty" combos i can't save... I tried to create a combo (i can set its name and i get a "in progress" message and then "done"), seems to be working but then i can't find that combo. Do I have to create a combo directory first in the usb drive ?

I suppose i forgot something in the process...  :o
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 11:10:26 PM by Xavier »

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: creating and saving combos
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 04:05:23 PM »
There is a bug, the combo banks you create with the menu are not recognise.  :-\
Thanks for the report.
I'll fix that.

In the meantime to save your combo you can use the one from the zip file here :
http://ixox.fr/preenfm2/download/
Look for "For the USB Stick" part.
You can extract the zip file to your USB stick or just copy combo.cmb in pfm2/ if you prefer.

To copy it on your USB stick, press a key while powering up your preenfm then press Eng.
The content of the USB stick should be accessible from your computer.

Kentucky

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 04:19:48 PM »

ok thx, i'll try that !

Is it possible to save combos with instruments on 4 different channels, or do they have to be on the same channel ? that's something a dsi Tetra can't do, and it's too bad ; i wish the PFM2 does it, would be great for my sequencer  :P

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 04:40:52 PM »

ok thx, i'll try that !

Is it possible to save combos with instruments on 4 different channels, or do they have to be on the same channel ? that's something a dsi Tetra can't do, and it's too bad ; i wish the PFM2 does it, would be great for my sequencer  :P

Not sure i get your question.
A combo save the 4 instruments at the same time.
Loading a combo will load the 4 instruments you saved.

The midi channels of each of the 4 instruments are independant and can be set in the menu > Tools > Set.

Kentucky

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 06:58:29 PM »
The midi channels of each of the 4 instruments are independant and can be set in the menu > Tools > Set.

So, combo (or single preset) settings (and saving) are totally independant from channel settings, that's what i wanted to know. And it's cool  8) (as opposed to DSI Tetra in which combos only allow you to save all instruments on one same channel, which is annoying because you have to set the channels separately each time you boot the device, if you don't want a 4 stacked voices instrument. Hope that makes sense...I should write in french but i feel it has a less "community" feeling  ;))

Kentucky

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 08:34:26 PM »
In the meantime to save your combo you can use the one from the zip file here :
http://ixox.fr/preenfm2/download/

This is great  :)

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2014, 10:21:15 PM »
As it was an annoying problem (and easy to fix ;) ), i just uploaded a firmware 1.01 that fixes it.
The combo you create in the menu are now usable.

Xavier

kaosbeat

• Team member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2019, 11:49:59 AM »
As it was an annoying problem (and easy to fix ;) ), i just uploaded a firmware 1.01 that fixes it.
The combo you create in the menu are now usable.

I just did the described procedure (firmware 2.09a) and the combo did not show up after showing "in progress, done"
(wil do the zip procedure for now)
just reporting

Xavier

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2019, 09:13:41 AM »
I just did the described procedure (firmware 2.09a) and the combo did not show up after showing "in progress, done"

Just tried and yes there is a problem. The size of the created combo is wrong and so does not show up in the list.

I'll try to fix that. In th emeantime use the bootloader to see your UsbStick on your PC.
Backup your pf2 folder.
Then you can copy your existing combo (*.cmp) and change to the name you want.